Game Groups > Genre: Simulation - Space trading and combat
This group includes predominantly free-form, exploration-based games that incorporates space combat with an economy system that allows (and usually requires) the player to trade with organizations or entire planets, typically with the goal of outfitting, enhancing, and strengthening the player-controlled ship to perform better in combat. Elite (1984) is commonly considered the progenitor of this type of games.
In order to be included in this group, a game must feature space trading as an important gameplay element. The actual percentage of combat and trading in the game may vary; however, in most cases combat is of secondary importance compared to trading and exploration.
- Gameplay feature: Mining
- Gameplay feature: Slavery
- Games with manual lookup copy protection
- Genre: Car / motorcycle combat
- Genre: Simulation - Space combat
- Merchant / Trade-oriented games
- Might and Magic series
- Setting: Space station / Spaceship
- Star Wars licensees
- X: Beyond the Frontier universe
[ Page 1 of 2 ] [ Next ]