Randall Steward Pitchford II
Moby ID: 1043
Biography edit · view history
Randy's had a long professional background in the production and design of 3D games including work on 3D Realms Entertainment’s Duke Nukem 3D, Atomic, Duke Nukem 64 and Shadow Warrior. He left the company in May 1997 to work on Prax War at Rebel Boat Rocker. The game was never released and he founded Gearbox Software LLC with three others in January 1999, where he is the President and CEO.
Randy accepted the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences award for best PC Action Game in 2000 for his production and direction of Gearbox’s debut title, Half-Life: Opposing Force. Since then, Randy directed or produced, and/or was executive produced on Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life (PS2), Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3, Halo (PC), 007: Nightfire.
In 2005 he served as Co-Director and Executive Producer on the original franchise Brothers in Arms.
Randy is also a fierce deathmatch enthusiast who has earned a reputation since the days of Doom with the handle “DuvalMagic”. Before becoming a full-time game developer, Randy was a professional magician in Hollywood occasionally performing at the famous Magic Castle between classes at UCLA.
Credited on 48 games
Displaying most recent · View all
|Blanc (2023, Windows)||CEO & President, Gearbox Entertainment|
|New Tales from the Borderlands (2022, PlayStation 5)||Gearbox is|
|Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (2022, Windows)||Executive Producer|
|Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-shot Adventure (2021, Windows)||Gearbox Software was|
|Tribes of Midgard (2021, PlayStation 5)||Chief Executive Officer|
|Godfall (2020, PlayStation 5)||Chief Executive officer|
|Borderlands 3 (2019, PlayStation 4)||Gearbox is|
|Risk of Rain 2 (2019, Windows)||President|
|Fortnite: Battle Royale (2018, iPhone)||Special Thanks|
|Desert Bus VR (2017, Windows)||Executive Producer|
|Fortnite (Standard Founder's Pack) (2017, Windows)||Special Thanks|
|Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (2017, Xbox One)||Executive Producer|
|Shadow Warrior 2 (2016, Windows)||Secondary Map Designers|
|Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour (2016, Windows)||Additional Level Design|
|Battleborn (2016, Xbox One)||Gearbox Software is|
|Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak (2016, Windows)||Executive|
|Homeworld: Remastered Collection (2015, Windows)||Executive Producers|
|Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (2014, Windows)||Gearbox Software is|
|Borderlands 2 (2014, PS Vita)||Gearbox Software is|
|Small World 2 (2013, Windows)||Spiderines Supporters|
[ full credits ]
- 36 games with Brian Martel
- 36 games with Stephen Bahl
- 34 games with Sean Reardon
- 33 games with Steven Jones
- 29 games with Jimmy Sieben
- 28 games with Patrick Deupree
- 28 games with Scott Velasquez
- 27 games with Aaron Thibault
- 27 games with Sean Cavanaugh
- 27 games with Josh Rearick
- 28 games with Valve Corporation
- 27 games with Gearbox Software LLC
- 20 games with Epic Games, Inc.
- 13 games with 2K Games, Inc.
- 10 games with Epic Games Tools LLC
- 8 games with Audiokinetic Inc.
- 8 games with Gearbox Publishing, LLC
- 6 games with 3D Realms Entertainment, Inc.
- 6 games with Liquid Development, LLC
- 6 games with ak tronic Software & Services GmbH