Moby ID: 12921
Biography edit · view history
Aaron Barber is currently employed by Valve as a Game Designer and Animator.
After briefly studying music at the University of Oregon, Aaron left school to work as a full-time musician. Playing drums and percussion steadily for about 6 years, he quickly tired of all the travel. His music career brought him to California where he ended up going back to school to study Engineering and Computer Science at UCLA. During his Senior year, he got a job in the UCLA Medical Center developing websites, building virtual worlds, and displaying medical data in 3d using VRML and Java.
At that same time, he became obsessed with playing games and building levels for Duke Nukem and Quake. During late night hours, he built many popular single-player levels and worked with several Internet groups doing mods. His late night hobby turned into a career overnight when he accepted a job at Xatrix Entertainment, working on titles such as the Redneck Rampage series, Quake 2 mission pack, and Kingpin.
Upon joining Valve in 1999, Aaron returns home to the Northwest where he currently attends architecture and design classes in his spare time.
Credited on 26 games
Displaying most recent · View all
|Quake II (2023, Windows)||Additional Level Design|
|Aperture Desk Job (2022, Windows)||Valve|
|Artifact: Foundry (2021, Windows)||Valve|
|Half-Life: Alyx (2020, Windows)||Valve|
|Dota: Underlords (2019, Windows)||Valve|
|Artifact (2018, Windows)||Valve|
|The Lab (2016, Windows)||Valve is|
|Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (2012, Windows)||Valve|
|Portal 2 (2011, Windows)||Personnel|
|Alien Swarm (2010, Windows)||Valve|
|Left 4 Dead 2 (2009, Xbox 360)||Valve|
|Left 4 Dead (2008, Windows)||Development Team|
|Portal: Still Alive (2008, Xbox 360)||Personnel|
|Half-Life 2: Episode Two (2007, Windows)||Valve|
|The Orange Box (2007, Xbox 360)||Valve|
|Portal (2007, Windows)||Valve Corporation|
|Half-Life 2: Episode One (2006, Windows)||Valve|
|Half-Life 2 (2005, Xbox)||Valve|
|Half-Life: Source (2005, Windows)||Valve is|
|Counter-Strike: Source (2004, Windows)||Valve|
[ full credits ]
- 22 games with Scott Lynch
- 22 games with David Riller
- 22 games with Yahn Bernier
- 22 games with Dario Casali
- 22 games with Randy Lundeen
- 22 games with Gabe Newell
- 22 games with Robin Walker
- 22 games with Eric Smith
- 22 games with Charlie Brown
- 22 games with David Speyrer
- 25 games with Valve Corporation
- 11 games with Havok
- 6 games with Epic Games Tools LLC
- 5 games with Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- 5 games with ESDigital Games
- 5 games with Electronic Arts GmbH
- 5 games with Electronic Arts Ltd.
- 4 games with id Software, Inc.
- 4 games with Xatrix Entertainment, Inc.
- 4 games with Electronic Arts, Inc.