aka: H. Iwatsuki, Nanten Iwatsuki, 岩月 博之
Biography edit · view history
Hiroyuki Iwatsuki (岩月 博之) was born in 1970. He discovered music in his late teens after listening to Japanese fusion band, Casiopeia (named as inspiration for a lot of other video game composers as well). As a work sample for his job interview with Natsume, he used a demo tape composed in the MML language on the X68000 as well as the external Roland MT-32 soundcard. Unlike many other game composers, his main source of inspiration has been other game soundtracks, to the point where he hadn't heard the Beatles until after beginning work at Natsume.
After joining Natsume, he helped with the soundtracks to many of their most popular games, most notably the "Pocky And Rocky" series. His work has been well received by action game fans - in fact, a tribute album for his work, "Iwadon", was recently released.
Credited on 35 games
Displaying most recent · View all
[ full credits ]
- 25 games with Shunichi Taniguchi
- 25 games with Toshiyasu Miyabe
- 16 games with Kunio Suzuki
- 13 games with Hirohisa Ohta
- 13 games with Mitsuo Matsumoto
- 12 games with Tomoko Okamoto
- 11 games with Takashi Shinpo
- 10 games with Shin Chan
- 9 games with Tomoyuki Nishiyama
- 9 games with Kazuhiko Ishihara
[ 958 more people ]
- 29 games with Natsume Co., Ltd.
- 8 games with Bandai Co., Ltd.
- 7 games with Natsume, Inc.
- 7 games with Bandai America, Inc.
- 4 games with NatsumeAtari Inc.
- 4 games with Taito Corporation
- 3 games with Tengo Project
- 2 games with DIGITAL Hearts Co., Ltd.
- 2 games with Unity Technologies ApS
- 2 games with Arc System Works Asia Branch