aka: Swimmer Tamichan, Tamie, GON, Gonzou, Gondamin, Strong Tami, J. Tamiya, 民谷 淳子
Biography edit · view history
Junko Tamiya (民谷 淳子, TAMIYA Junko) is a Japanese composer who scored a number of NES games as well as a few movies.
She studied in the Osaka College of Music during the eighties with several other female video game music composers such as Soyo Oka and Miki Higashino. After graduating, she became part of Capcom's Sound Team and worked with Capcom from 1987 until 1992. She created several soundtracks for their games.
So many aliases were used for her credit. She explains this: "As I remember, some are named by myself, but others are given by members of the sound team. We enjoyed our inspiration at that time and named. It might have been one of the pleasures when the work was completed."
The NES version of the Bionic Commando music, produced and composed by Tamiya (under the pseudonym "Gondamin"), is very highly praised for its militaristic compositional element. Two songs from the Arcade versions are used in some areas.
She, as of November 2020, lives in Nara Prefecture in Japan.
Credited on 16 games
Displaying most recent · View all
|Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (2011, PlayStation 3)||Special Thanks|
|Final Fight: Double Impact (2010, Xbox 360)||Music / Sound|
|Bionic Commando: Rearmed (2008, Windows)||The Original Bionic Commando NES Team|
|I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie - The Game (2007, Windows)||Original Music Composers (uncredited)|
|Final Fight One (2001, Game Boy Advance)||Music & Sound Effects|
|Final Fight (1992, Sharp X68000)||Music / Sound|
|Bionic Commando (1992, Game Boy)||Music Composer (uncredited)|
|Final Fight (1990, SNES)||Music|
|Little Nemo: The Dream Master (1990, NES)||Music Composer|
|Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight (1990, NES)||Music Director|
|Code Name: Viper (1990, NES)||Music Composer (uncredited)|
|Sweet Home (1989, NES)||Music|
|Strider (1989, Arcade)||Sound Designer (uncredited)|
|Bionic Commando (1988, NES)||Music|
|1943 Kai (1988, Arcade)||Music (uncredited)|
|Gun.Smoke (1988, NES)||Sound|
[ full credits ]
- 6 games with Manami Matsumae
- 6 games with Noritaka Funamizu
- 6 games with Tokuro Fujiwara
- 6 games with Harumi Fujita
- 6 games with Miki Kido
- 5 games with Yoko Shimomura
- 5 games with Kiyomi Kaneko
- 5 games with Yoshihiro Sakaguchi
- 5 games with Akira Yasuda
- 5 games with Kumi Yamaga
[ 684 more people ]
- 15 games with Capcom Co., Ltd.
- 8 games with Capcom U.S.A., Inc.
- 3 games with Playtronic Industrial Ltda.
- 2 games with GroundStorm Studios LLC
- 2 games with Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
- 1 game with GRIN AB
- 1 game with Epic Games Tools LLC
- 1 game with Sony DADC Europe GmbH
- 1 game with Minakuchi Engineering Co., Ltd.
- 1 game with Ubisoft Entertainment SA