Moby ID: 213
Biography edit · view history
Michael Abrash is a video game programmer and technical writer. The first game he programmed was an arcade-style game for the Vector Graphics VIP CP/M system, using 160x72 block graphics, written in FORTRAN and assembly language. His first commercial game was Space Strike (1982). He went on to program several games with Dan Illowsky.
Abrash took a 12-year-long break from game programming, during which he worked on graphics and assembly code for Windows NT 3.1. He returned to game industry to work on Quake (1996). He is also the author of the book Zen of Assembly Language (1990).
Credited on 34 games
Displaying most recent · View all
|Quake (2021, Windows)||Programming|
|Halo: The Master Chief Collection (2014, Xbox One)||Thanks|
|Serious Sam Classics: Revolution (2014, Windows)||Special Thanks|
|Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (2012, Windows)||Valve|
|Portal 2 (2011, Windows)||Personnel|
|Monday Night Combat (2010, Xbox 360)||Special Thanks|
|Halo 2 (2007, Windows)||Special Thanks|
|Serious Sam II (2005, Xbox)||Special Thanks|
|Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight (2003, Windows)||Special Thanks|
|Cel Damage (2002, GameCube)||Special Thanks|
|Serious Sam: The First Encounter (2001, Windows)||Special Thanks|
|Motocross Madness 2 (2000, Windows)||Software Rasterization|
|Half-Life: Platinum (2000, Windows)||With thanks to:|
|Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 (1999, Windows)||Development|
|Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000: Professional Edition (1999, Windows)||Development|
|Half-Life: Game of the Year Edition (1999, Windows)||With thanks to (Sierra Studios)|
|Quake: The Offering (1999, Linux)||Programming|
|Half-Life (1998, Windows)||Engine Programmer|
|X-COM: Interceptor (1998, Windows)||Paul|
|Doom 64 (1997, Nintendo 64)||Programming|
[ full credits ]
- 15 games with John Carmack
- 11 games with Adrian Carmack
- 11 games with Kevin Cloud
- 11 games with Sandy Petersen
- 11 games with American McGee
- 11 games with Donna Jackson
- 10 games with John Romero
- 10 games with John Cash
- 9 games with Jay Wilbur
- 9 games with Shawn C. Green
- 10 games with id Software, Inc.
- 7 games with Valve Corporation
- 7 games with Microsoft Corporation
- 7 games with Leader S.p.a.
- 5 games with Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.
- 5 games with GT Interactive Software Europe Ltd.
- 4 games with Xbox Game Studios
- 4 games with TiVo Corporation
- 4 games with Atari, Inc.
- 4 games with ak tronic Software & Services GmbH