Moby ID: 26239
Biography edit · view history
Jamie Fristrom has a history with the industry dating back to 1991, when he graduated from UCSD with a degree in psychology and got his first job at Mindcraft working on the Magic Candle series. He has done programming, design, and management. (He even did some art for the Siege 2 game - to the chagrin of the art director.)
Jamie was creator of Schizoid along with Richard Garfield, Skaff Elias, and James Chao, and he was a technical director and designer on Spider-Man 2, his biggest claim to fame being that he invented its dynamic, physical swinging system. Other games he's worked on include Spider-Man: The Movie for PS2, Xbox, and GameCube, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for the Dreamcast and Die by the Sword for Windows.
He has written about game development for almost as long as he's been doing it, for Game Developer, Gamasutra, and GameDevBlog. He also spent some time as a consultant
He co-founded development studio Torpex Games in 2005 and currently acts as Technical Director at the company.
Credited on 33 games
Displaying most recent · View all
|Minecraft (2017, Windows Apps)||Lead Bedrock Software Developers|
|Four Sided Fantasy (2016, Windows)||Special Thanks|
|Dominique Pamplemousse in "It's All Over Once the Fat Lady Sings!" (2013, Macintosh)||Special Thanks to Indiegogo Contributors|
|They Bleed Pixels (2012, Windows)||Steam Beta Testers|
|Bejeweled: Blitz Live (2011, Xbox 360)||Technical Director|
|Rise of the Argonauts (2008, Windows)||Additional Production|
|Schizoid (2008, Xbox 360)||Developed by|
|Spider-Man 3 (2007, PlayStation 3)||Special Thanks to|
|Ultimate Spider-Man (Limited Edition) (2005, PlayStation 2)||Special Thanks|
|Ultimate Spider-Man (2005, GameCube)||Special Thanks|
|Psychonauts (2005, PlayStation 2)||Special Thanks|
|Spider-Man 2 (2004, GameCube)||Technical Directors|
|Minority Report: Everybody Runs (2002, GameCube)||Special Thanks|
|Spider-Man (2002, GameCube)||Lead Programmer|
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x (2001, Xbox)||Special Thanks To|
|Spider-Man (2001, Dreamcast)||Special Thanks To|
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (2000, Dreamcast)||Lead Programmer|
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (2000, Dreamcast)||Lead Programmer|
|Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm (2000, Dreamcast)||Programmers|
|Die by the Sword: Limb from Limb (1998, Windows)||Programmer|
[ full credits ]
- 13 games with Dogan Koslu
- 12 games with Peter T. Akemann
- 12 games with Christopher A. Busse
- 10 games with Marilena Morini
- 10 games with Ali N. Atabek
- 10 games with Gary Bolduc
- 10 games with Christian Bušić
- 10 games with Gregory John
- 10 games with Richard Johnson
- 9 games with Jason Wong
- 11 games with Treyarch Corporation
- 11 games with Mindcraft Software, Inc.
- 9 games with Activision Publishing, Inc.
- 7 games with Activision Deutschland GmbH
- 6 games with NBG EDV Handels- und Verlags GmbH
- 5 games with Activision Blizzard UK Ltd.
- 4 games with Interplay Entertainment Corp.
- 4 games with ATVI France SARL
- 4 games with Electronic Arts Distribution
- 4 games with Valve Corporation