Moby ID: 306584
Biography edit · view history
Luis Cataldi is a 17 year veteran of the computer graphic industry. As a production artist, he has served as an animator, rigger, FX artist, character modeler, lighting TD, compositor, and graphic designer. His production experiences include industrial simulations, stereoscopic 3D ride films (Kleiser-Walczak Construction Company), 3D episodic television development (GLC Productions, Nickelodeon Digital), broadcast graphics, commercial television animation, music videos (Curious Pictures, Hydraux Santa Monica), and feature film animation (Bluesky Studios). Luis began teaching computer animation and visual effects in the mid 1990's. He has conducted numerous production workshops in modeling and rigging, as well as serving as Adjunct professor at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts. In a professional environment, Luis has also had the privilege of mentoring apprentice and intern artists. Some of his previous students have gone on to work at prestigious studios such as Blue Sky, Pixar, Weta, and ILM. In 2004, Luis was recruited into the game industry. In 2005, he became one of the founding members of Kaos Studios in Manhattan, New York, where he still serves as its studio and project art director. In the role, Luis was able to assemble an extremely talented team of 25+ artists and helped establish and maintain nearly all studio art pipelines.
Credited on 6 games
Displaying most recent · View all
|Fortnite: Battle Royale (2018, iPhone)||Designed, Developed, and Published by Epic Games|
|Fortnite (Standard Founder's Pack) (2017, Windows)||Special Thanks|
|Shadow Complex: Remastered (2015, Windows)||Epic Games|
|Ravaged (2012, Windows)||Artists|
|Homefront (2011, Xbox 360)||Art Director|
|Frontlines: Fuel of War (2008, Xbox 360)||Art Director|
[ full credits ]
- 5 games with Colin Thompson
- 4 games with Mark A. Rein
- 4 games with Jay Wilbur
- 4 games with John M. Malaska
- 4 games with Lina Halper
- 3 games with Lee Clark
- 3 games with Anders Howard
- 3 games with Dan O'Connor
- 3 games with Andrew Rodham
- 3 games with Peter Axt
- 5 games with Epic Games, Inc.
- 4 games with Valve Corporation
- 2 games with Kaos Studios
- 2 games with Relic Entertainment Inc
- 2 games with THQ Inc.
- 2 games with People Can Fly, Sp. z o.o.
- 2 games with Art Bully Productions, LLC
- 2 games with ak tronic Software & Services GmbH
- 1 game with THQ Australia Studios Pty Ltd.
- 1 game with Sylum Entertainment Ltd.