Moby ID: 47443
Biography edit · view history
Hirokazu Tanaka was Nintendo's first sound engineer and composer. He joined the company in 1980 after seeing an advertisement for the job. For years, he was the head composer for games developed by Nintendo's R&D1 division. Although game music was popular, he still tried to keep sound effects and the compositions sounding similar and not competing with each other. His best work would be the soundtrack for Metroid.
He also worked on the music for the Pokémon TV series in Japan, but none of this would leave for North America. Although Nintendo did not directly run the TV series, he was told to leave this job, he then quit Nintendo in 1998.
Today, he is the president of Creatures Inc., a game developer that works on the Pokémon series and produces the Pokémon cards.
Credited on 90 games
Displaying most recent · View all
|Detective Pikachu Returns (2023, Nintendo Switch)||Special Thanks|
|Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018, Nintendo Switch)||Music Arrangement|
|Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! (2018, Nintendo Switch)||Special Thanks|
|Pokémon Ultra Sun (2017, Nintendo 3DS)||Special Thanks|
|Pokémon Ultra Moon (2017, Nintendo 3DS)||Special Thanks|
|Final Fantasy XIV Online: Stormblood (2017, PlayStation 4)||Guest Creators: MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD|
|Pokémon Moon (2016, Nintendo 3DS)||Special Thanks|
|Pokémon Sun (2016, Nintendo 3DS)||Special Thanks|
|Detective Pikachu (2016, Nintendo 3DS)||Producers|
|Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (2014, Nintendo 3DS)||Special Thanks|
|Pokémon Omega Ruby (2014, Nintendo 3DS)||Special Thanks|
|Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014, Wii U)||Music Arrangement|
|Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (2014, Nintendo 3DS)||Music Arrangement|
|Pokémon Art Academy (2014, Nintendo 3DS)||Pokémon Trading Card Development|
|Pokémon X (2013, Nintendo 3DS)||Special Thanks|
|Pokémon Y (2013, Nintendo 3DS)||Special Thanks|
|Pokédex 3D Pro (2012, Nintendo 3DS)||Producers|
|Pokémon Dream Radar (2012, Nintendo 3DS)||Producers|
|AXRIA Retro World (2012, Windows)||Music|
|Kid Icarus: Uprising (2012, Nintendo 3DS)||Very Special Thanks|
[ full credits ]
- 36 games with Hiroshi Yamauchi
- 35 games with Hitoshi Yamagami
- 34 games with Gunpei Yokoi
- 31 games with Satoru Iwata
- 31 games with Tsunekazu Ishihara
- 29 games with Hiroyuki Jinnai
- 27 games with Junichi Masuda
- 24 games with Satoshi Tajiri
- 23 games with Masamichi Anazawa
- 22 games with Yasuhiro Usui
- 78 games with Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- 60 games with Nintendo of America Inc.
- 32 games with Nintendo of Europe GmbH
- 20 games with Pokémon Company, The
- 19 games with Nintendo R&D1
- 16 games with Creatures, Inc.
- 13 games with Game Freak, Inc.
- 13 games with Mario Club, Inc.
- 10 games with Intelligent Systems Co., Ltd.
- 9 games with DIGITAL Hearts Co., Ltd.