Moby ID: 53186
Biography edit · view history
Mark Stevenson studied general art and a design course, followed by a graphic design course which initially covered graphic design, advertising, and illustration. He had to specialize in this course and chose illustration for the final year. He has always been interested in games, starting with the original Donkey Kong arcade machine, after which he progressed onto the Atari 2600. He then went for the C64, followed by an Amiga.
He joined Rare around 1993 and has been with the company since. The first game he worked on was Donkey Kong Country (one background, most of the props and most of the promotional artwork). After this he did Donkey Kong Country 2 (several backgrounds, most of the props, modeling and animation of some characters, and most of the promotional artwork). Next was Donkey Kong Country 3, where he got the chance to be Lead Artist and animated most of the main characters, did a lot of the props and several of the backgrounds and most of the promotional artwork. He was also Lead Artist on Donkey Kong 64 and Kameo: Elements of Power.
Credited on 16 games
Displaying most recent · View all
|Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (2019, Windows)||Playtonic Team|
|Raging Justice (2018, Windows)||Early Compatibility Playtesting|
|Yooka-Laylee (2017, PlayStation 4)||Technical Art Director|
|Kinect Sports: Rivals (2014, Xbox One)||Design|
|Kinect Sports: Season Two (2011, Xbox 360)||Design|
|Kinect Sports (2010, Xbox 360)||The Rare Family|
|Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (2008, Xbox 360)||The Rare Family|
|Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise (2008, Nintendo DS)||Rare Family|
|Kameo: Elements of Power (2005, Xbox 360)||Lead Artist|
|Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (2004, Game Boy Advance)||Original DKC2 Team|
|Donkey Kong Country (2003, Game Boy Advance)||Original DKC Team|
|Donkey Kong 64 (1999, Nintendo 64)||Development Team|
|Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (1996, SNES)||Head Artist / Characters|
|Donkey Kong Land 2 (1996, Game Boy)||Original Game|
|Donkey Kong Land (1995, Game Boy)||Sprite Graphics|
|Base Jumpers (1995, Amiga)||Test Jumpers|
[ full credits ]
- 13 games with Steve Mayles
- 13 games with Chris Sutherland
- 12 games with Gary Richards
- 12 games with Huw Ward
- 12 games with Brendan Gunn
- 11 games with Gregg Mayles
- 11 games with Andrew Wilson
- 10 games with Luke Munton
- 9 games with Leigh Loveday
- 9 games with David Wise
- 12 games with Rare Limited
- 6 games with Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- 6 games with Nintendo of Europe GmbH
- 6 games with Nintendo of America Inc.
- 5 games with Xbox Game Studios
- 5 games with Tim Girvin Design, Inc.
- 3 games with Team17 Digital Limited
- 3 games with Audiokinetic Inc.
- 3 games with Playtronic Industrial Ltda.
- 3 games with Nintendo Italia