aka: Frederic Raynal
Biography edit · view history
Frédérick Raynal was born in 1966 in Brive-la-Gaillarde, Corrèze (France). His first commercial game was Robix 500 (1983). He produced the graphics for Popcorn (1988). After joining Infogrames, he worked on the port of Alpha Waves (1990), which helped focus his inspiration on designing 3D games. His first major project, Alone in the Dark (1992), was also his best known one. He worked on parts of the sequel before leaving Infogrames.
Raynal founded Adeline Software International in 1993 with several former Infogrames members. With this new team, Raynal produced Little Big Adventure (1994), Time Commando (1996), Little Big Adventure 2 (1997), Toy Commander (1999), and other games.
On March 13, 2006, Frédérick Raynal, together with Shigeru Miyamoto and Michel Ancel, was knighted by the French Minister of Culture and Communication as Knight of Arts and Literature. It was the first time that this honor was bestowed upon video game developers.
Credited on 21 games
Displaying most recent · View all
|The Last Worker (2023, Windows)||Developed by|
|Skew (2023, Playdate)||Developed by|
|2Dark (Limited Edition) (2017, Windows)||Creative Director & Lead Developer|
|2Dark (2017, Windows)||Creative Director|
|Goetia (2016, Windows)||Sushee Special Thanks|
|White Night (2015, Windows)||Special Thanks|
|bOxOn (2011, iPad)||Original Concept, PC & MAC version|
|Soul Bubbles (2008, Nintendo DS)||Spiritual Game Design Guidance|
|Toy Racer (2000, Dreamcast)||Creative Director|
|Toy Commander (1999, Dreamcast)||Creative Director|
|Twinsen's Odyssey (1997, DOS)||Original Idea|
|Fade to Black (1996, PlayStation)||Special Thanks|
|Time Commando (1996, DOS)||Created by|
|Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure (1994, DOS)||Original Idea|
|Alone in the Dark (1994, 3DO)||Director|
|Alcatraz (1992, Atari ST)||Special thanks to|
|Drakkhen (1991, Sharp X68000)||Version IBM-PC|
|Continuum (1991, Amiga)||PC Adaptation|
|SimCity (1991, CDTV)||Programming|
|Popcorn (1988, DOS)||Graphics / Artwork|
[ full credits ]
- 10 games with Yaél Barroz
- 9 games with Didier Chanfray
- 7 games with Philippe Vachey
- 7 games with Sébastien Viannay
- 6 games with Serge Plagnol
- 5 games with Frantz Cournil
- 5 games with Sabine Morlat
- 5 games with Lionel Chaze
- 5 games with Pascal Dubois
- 4 games with Merlin Pardo
- 5 games with Adeline Software International
- 5 games with Atari Europe S.A.S.U.
- 5 games with Valve Corporation
- 3 games with Electronic Arts, Inc.
- 3 games with Activision Publishing, Inc.
- 3 games with Electronic Arts GmbH
- 2 games with Nacon S.A.
- 2 games with Electronic Arts Publishing SARL
- 2 games with Oiffy
- 2 games with GOG Limited