Michael V. Capps
aka: Mike Capps, Michael Capps
Biography edit · view history
Dr. Michael Capps has been a game designer, executive producer, head writer, lead programmer, research professor, and studio executive. He's best known for his decade as the president of Epic Games, makers of the mega-hit Gears of War and Infinity Blade franchises and the award-winning Unreal Engine. Mike currently serves on the boards of the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences (AIAS), the Game Developers Conference (GDC), Remedy Entertainment in Finland, the Sphero entertainment robotics company in Colorado, as well as a few unannounced companies. Prior to entering the games industry, Michael served on the faculty of the Naval Postgraduate School, with a research focus of networked virtual reality and simulations.
Mike was recently featured as a digital warfare expert in the Military Channel's Combat Countdown series. He is currently featured as a technology futurist on both the Science Channel's "NASA Unexplained Files" and "What on Earth" series.
Credited on 28 games
Displaying most recent · View all
|Nine to Five (2021, Stadia)||Investors & Advisors|
|Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (2017, Xbox One)||President|
|Quantum Break (2016, Windows)||Special Thanks|
|Quantum Break (2016, Xbox One)||Special Thanks|
|Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (2015, Xbox One)||Executive Producer|
|AirMech (2015, Xbox One)||Special Thanks|
|Infinity Blade III (2013, iPad)||ChAIR would like to thank|
|Gears of War: Judgment (2013, Xbox 360)||President|
|Game Party: Champions (2012, Wii U)||Epic Games|
|Infinity Blade II (2011, iPhone)||President|
|Gears of War 3 (2011, Xbox 360)||President|
|Bulletstorm (2011, Windows)||President|
|Infinity Blade (2010, iPhone)||President|
|Lost Planet 2 (2010, Xbox 360)||President|
|Shadow Complex (2009, Xbox 360)||President|
|Fat Princess (2009, PlayStation 3)||Epic Games Inc.|
|Gears of War 2 (2008, Xbox 360)||President|
|Gears of War 2 (Limited Edition) (2008, Xbox 360)||President|
|Unreal Tournament III (2008, Xbox 360)||Writing|
|Gears of War (2007, Windows)||Executive Producer|
[ full credits ]
- 23 games with Mark A. Rein
- 22 games with Cliff Bleszinski
- 22 games with Jay Wilbur
- 21 games with Timothy Sweeney
- 20 games with Christopher Perna
- 19 games with Anne Dubé
- 18 games with Steven Polge
- 18 games with Daniel Vogel
- 18 games with Rod Fergusson
- 17 games with Joseph Graf
- 19 games with Epic Games, Inc.
- 11 games with Xbox Game Studios
- 9 games with Microsoft Corporation
- 7 games with People Can Fly, Sp. z o.o.
- 6 games with Epic Games Tools LLC
- 6 games with Yingpei Games, Inc.
- 6 games with Technicolor Interactive Services
- 5 games with Valve Corporation
- 5 games with ak tronic Software & Services GmbH
- 4 games with Psyonix, Inc.