Moby ID: 837
Biography edit · view history
Tim Sweeney founded Epic Games in 1991. He has been developing games and technology from the time of early PC gaming to the present day. He wrote the original Unreal Engine in 1995-1998, which introduced several breakthrough technologies including dynamic colored lighting, volumetric fog, and real-time what-you-see-is-what-you-get 3D level-building tools.
Sweeney then directed the company's engine development through the PlayStation 2 and Xbox generation, where Unreal Engine 2 powered many successful games including Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, Lineage II, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and many others.
He currently serves as CEO and Chief Architect while Epic Games develops Unreal Engine 3, which will power many of the industry's leading next-generation console and PC games.
Credited on 78 games
Displaying most recent · View all
|Gungrave: G.O.R.E (2022, Windows)||Special Thanks to|
|Oddworld: Soulstorm (2021, Windows)||Epic Games|
|Super Meat Boy Forever (2020, Windows)||Super Special Thanks|
|Robo Recall: Unplugged (2019, Quest)||Special Thanks|
|Fortnite: Battle Royale (2018, iPhone)||Designed, Developed, and Published by Epic Games|
|Fortnite (Standard Founder's Pack) (2017, Windows)||Designed, Developed, and Published by Epic Games|
|Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (2017, Xbox One)||CEO|
|Robo Recall (2017, Windows)||Designed, Developed and Published by|
|Battle Breakers (2017, iPhone)||Epic Business & Publishing|
|Shadow Complex: Remastered (2015, Windows)||Epic Games|
|Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (2015, Xbox One)||Unreal Engine Programmers|
|Dirty Bomb (2015, Windows)||Special Thanks|
|AirMech (2015, Xbox One)||Special Thanks|
|Infinity Blade III (2013, iPad)||CEO|
|Gears of War: Judgment (2013, Xbox 360)||Chairman/CEO|
|Caverns of Khron (2012, Windows)||Special Thanks|
|Infinity Blade II (2011, iPhone)||CEO/Technical Director|
|Dungeon Defenders (2011, Windows)||Jeremy Stieglitz|
|Gears of War 3 (2011, Xbox 360)||CEO|
|Duke Nukem Forever (2011, Windows)||Special Thanks|
[ full credits ]
- 49 games with Mark A. Rein
- 33 games with Cliff Bleszinski
- 32 games with Jay Wilbur
- 28 games with Daniel Vogel
- 27 games with Steven Polge
- 26 games with Anne Dubé
- 25 games with Christopher Perna
- 23 games with Shane Caudle
- 21 games with Lee Perry
- 21 games with Warren Marshall
- 62 games with Epic Games, Inc.
- 20 games with Valve Corporation
- 10 games with Atari Europe S.A.S.U.
- 10 games with Atari, Inc.
- 10 games with Namco Bandai Partners Pty Ltd.
- 10 games with ak tronic Software & Services GmbH
- 9 games with Epic Games Tools LLC
- 9 games with Microsoft Corporation
- 9 games with People Can Fly, Sp. z o.o.
- 9 games with Xbox Game Studios