All Time Favorite
- Slaves to Armok: God of Blood - Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress -- Waiting eagerly for the Steam release
- Shadow Empire -- Amazing political/economic-infused 4X in the vein of Emperor of the Fading Suns with more RPG elements
- Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith -- A truly deep and amazing game series
- Universe -- Omnitrend's Universe -- the original Travelleresque spaceship adventure. Absolutely unplayable now, though.
- M.U.L.E. -- Fun party game that teaches some key lessons on real-world economics
- Ultima VI: The False Prophet -- The story and the depth of the game stand out even today -- it was a masterpiece.
- Gothic II -- This and its predecessor were amazing for the time and still hold up as some of the best games of all time.
- Star Saga: One - Beyond the Boundary -- An amazing co-op interactive fiction spaceship adventure RPG. So sad that the final game of the trilogy never got made.
- Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed -- Smooth and understated (as opposed to its brash sequels). I got a lot of enjoyable playtime out of this and High Stakes.
- System Shock -- This (along with the Ultima Underworlds games) spawned a genre. Supremely immersive.
- System Shock 2 -- Truly frightening, immersive and compelling -- a masterpiece, except for that awful ending.
- BioShock -- The System Shock tradition continued, enhanced with razor-sharp sociopolitical commentary.
- BioShock 2 -- Another worthy successor. These are incredible games with memorably excellent (and sometimes haunting) writing.
- Dead Space -- Another great game in the System Shock tradition..
- Dead Space 2 -- ... with similarly biting (if narrow) sociopolitical commentary.
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines -- An obvious labor of love, sporting intelligent and often insightful dialogue. A lot of fun, this one.
- Gothic II -- Medieval fantasy with notes of American Western and prison survival. A classic. Show me your goods.
- Darklands -- One of the best games of all time. Devs did their homework and it shows, while the game is also compelling and fun.
- Slaves to Armok: God of Blood - Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress -- Of course!
- Barotrauma -- Amazing game.
- Risen -- Solidly in the tradition of the Gothic series
- IBM PC / Compatible
- Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Used to Have
- Mattel Intellivision
- Atari ST
- Atari 8-bit
- IBM PC / Compatible -- From the old 8086 on up