|Contribution Rating:||36394 (ranked 43rd; 12 in last year)|
|Member Since||Jul 21, 2014|
|# Messages Posted:||476|
|About myself:||Have a passion about documenting sciences and the preservation of the imagery related to the processes of the creation of retro/indie games. This documentation establishes historical and cultural bridges between the developer, the game, and the player/viewer/searcher. It's fundamental for the History of Videogames as part of the "Z"th Art.|
Considers pixel art as a world of styles and aesthetics and a direct descendent of many forms of art in History, namely the mosaics. It's also a cultural transmission and a tribute to the History of Art.
Some other passions: Constructivism; Sience-Fiction; Palaeoanthropology; Panspermia; Cinema, Documentaries; Martial Arts; Philosophy; Graphic Novels; Soundtracks, Jazz, Renaissance, Ethnographic, bit-tune Music.
Plays as an amateur the Tuba in a Philharmonic Band, works in a Jazz Club in the heart of Lisbon. Worked in the National Museum of Archaeology in Belém. Is an ex-illustrator and a hibernating sketch artist.
All Time Favorite
- 3D Tunnel -- Malcolm Evans's masterpiece. Electric, psychedelic, graphically astonishing.
- Ant Attack -- Minimalist and powerfull.
- Scuba Dive -- Durell was the best. Extraordinary graphics. Inspirational for Another World.
- Wheelie -- Stupendous animation, a honorable eerie daredevil
- Chaos -- One of the first and best real virtual board game ever!
- Kung-Fu: The Way of the Exploding Fist -- The true inspirational martial art game of all time
- Defender of the Crown -- One of the best strategy games combinng multi enviroments.
- Sinclair ZX81 -- 3D Monster Maze
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum -- Chaos and Captain Blood + New Generation Software and System 3 + ...
- IBM PC / Compatible -- ZX Spectrum emulator