|Contribution Rating:||10072 (ranked 107th; 2213 in last year)|
|Member Since||Oct 07, 2014|
|# Messages Posted:||20|
|About myself:||Hi! I am Katie Cadet! I have a passion of collecting video games found at local thrift stores, garage sales, and gaming conventions, as well as all Apple Inc. products such as the Macintosh, iPad, and the iPod Touch. Currently I have 1000+ games in my collection so far!|
I first fell in love with computers in 1999, starting with an AST Advantage running either Windows 3.11/95B OSR2(?). Before I was born, My mother started using a Macintosh Plus, and my father started using a Samsung 386 computer running Windows 3.0. They collected floppy disks of various Macintosh and Windows software from 1986 to 1997. They also collected CD-ROMs since 1996 and still purchasing this kind of media format at local thrift stores as of 2016 to present.
I also fell in love with game consoles since 2002-2004, with the Nintendo Entertainment System and the original Sony PlayStation. I currently have a PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3, in which both consoles include a special feature - PSOne emulation!
After my grandfather’s passing of 2014, I started using MobyGames that October to document some video games, mostly Macintosh and Windows computer games of the early 90s up to the late 2000s. I am also part of an auto-approval program, which some of my contributions automatically approve when I click submit!
I used to be a beta tester for the new game entry scraper before it became final, in which at the time, supports Steam, PlayStation and iTunes store entries that need attention on MobyGames.
Some of my favourite things that I like are the Vocaloid Hatsune Miku, the Sailor Moon anime (incl. Crystal), My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (as well as its Equestria Girls spinoff), StarFlyers, Full House (US TV Series from 1987-1995), and Pixar’s Finding Dory which I saw in theatres on November 2016. I also have like 500+ VHS Videocassettes as well as a mid-sized collection of Blu-ray Discs.
Please PM me if you have any comments about me or anything else that I submit! I do like feedback! All of my scans since December 2015 were created using a Canon CanoScan LiDE-220.
- Sony PlayStation 3 -- Super Slim (Late 2013, NTSC) / Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD
- Apple iPod Touch -- 4th Generation / iOS 6.1.6
- Apple iPad 2 -- iOS 9.3
- Apple Power Mac -- G4 (Digital Audio) / OS X Tiger 10.4.11 / 1.5 GB PC133 SDRAM / LG SATA DVD-RW drive
- IBM PC / Compatible -- ASUS Transformer T100 / Windows 10 32-BIT
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Casio Cassiopeia 4MB A-11 (1997) / Windows CE 2.0
- Android tablet -- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T110
Plan on Getting
- Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) -- NTSC
- 3DO -- NTSC
- Commodore Amiga
- Microsoft Xbox -- NTSC
- Microsoft Xbox 360 -- NTSC
- Microsoft Xbox One -- NTSC
- Nintendo 2DS
Used to Have
- Apple PowerBook -- G3 (Wallstreet/PDQ, 1998) / OS X Puma 10.1.4
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Unknown Computer / Windows 95 OSR2
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Custom Built Black Tower PC (2006) / Windows XP Home SP2 / Windows 98 Second Edition
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Custom Built Beige Tower PC (2002) / Windows 98 Second Edition
- IBM PC / Compatible -- AST Advantage (486DX2/Pentium) / Windows 3.11 / Windows 95 OSR2
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Samsung Sensor SP-386SX / Windows 3.0 / DOS Version Unknown
- Sony PlayStation -- NTSC - Redundant, Both the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 can play PSOne games via emulation!