All Time Favorite
- Alex Kidd in Miracle World -- tudu tudu tudu tudu tudu tudu dum dum - not good and terrible boss fights, but there when it all began. Peak SMS visuals
- Alone in the Dark -- feeling safe, then the dog jumps through the window. Ruthless and toys with your expectations. Defined horror survival
- Amid Evil -- a retro shooter that understands gunplay
- Ashes 2063 -- modding corridors into an open world, lovely. So much content
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag -- great mix of exploration and ship fighting, when the formula still felt fresh
- Betrayer -- amazing dark and looming atmosphere, brilliant exploration and mystery, the bell sound is freightening and haunting
- The Binding of Isaac -- the culmination of McMillen's art style and universe, with an addictive rinse and repeat formula. Also very hard.