|Contribution Rating:||768 (ranked 506th; 72 in last year)|
|Member Since||Apr 21, 2001|
|# Messages Posted:||13|
|About myself:||Computer gamer since I was 3, all the way back to 1986 with my Atari 800XL. PC gamer since 1991, when we got our first MS-DOS/Windows 3 computer.|
About 10 years ago I said I was eager to see what the '10s would bring to the table. Well, that was disappointing to say the least.
All Time Favorite
- Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood -- The best Sierra adventure game ever, on par with MI1 in a lot of ways.
- Deus Ex -- There's no reason for you not to play this.
- DOOM -- It's Doom. Episode 1 is the best group of levels ever. Ep 2, 3 & (especially) 4 are quite good too.
- The Elder Scrolls: Chapter II - Daggerfall -- Really has a lot more depth than later Elder Scrolls releases. Awesome RPG.
- Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- There's just something about this particular game in the series.
- Lightspeed -- One of the first PC games I got. Still quite good.
- The Secret of Monkey Island -- The best LucasArts adventure game (and thus the best adventure game) ever.
- Atari 8-bit -- Atari 800XL.
- Sega Master System -- A surprise pickup to be honest, but it was a steal at the price.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Self-built (from scratch) Intel i7-3930K, up-to-date GeForce, Windows 7 64-bit. Primary system.
- IBM PC / Compatible -- Self-built (from scratch) Intel QX9650, GeForce GTX 570, Windows 8.1 64-bit. HTPC.
Used to Have
- Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) -- Model #1 (1980s version). Possibly lost while moving in 2002.
- Atari Lynx -- Slightly damaged in form of wrecked wall connector, but still operational. Possibly lost while moving in 2002.
- Sega Genesis -- Model #3 (latter-day Genesis configuration). Possibly lost while moving in 2002.
- ColecoVision -- Possibly lost while moving in 2002.
Over My Dead Body
- Sony PlayStation -- Counts for all PS systems.
- Apple iMac -- Also includes all Apple hardware if I can avoid it. Arrogant pinheads.
- Apple iPhone -- See: iMac
- Apple iPod -- See: iMac