Overview1C Company, founded in 1991, specializes in distribution, support, publishing and development of business software and games in Russia since 1996. They publish and distribute leading independent development studio titles as well as those of international publishers.
1C Company is also widely acknowledged as a game developer and has five internal studios:
- Maddox Games (1999 - now 1C:Maddox Games)
- Cybiko, Inc. (2005 - now 1C Wireless after a local management buy-out)
- Ino-Co (2007 - now 1C: Ino-Co)
- Sea Dog (2007)
- Avalon Style Entertainment (2008 - now 1C-Avalon)
In July 2008 the company took another large slice of the market by acquiring Buka Entertainment, one of its most important competitors in publishing and distributing games in Russia. That way, it has become the dominant publishing house in Russian territory with very little competition of the same size. The company republishes titles from Western giants such as Electronic Arts and Microsoft Game Studios, and they have their own brick and mortar stores where they sell software. In 2008, they owned 280 stores and have another 4,000 business that operate under their license.
The company also has branches in the United Kingdom (1C UK Ltd) and in Asia (1C Asia-Pacific Limited).
There is no trivia on file. If you have any interesting trivia about this company, please add it.
Related Web Sites
- 1C Company (official website)
- 1C Company at Wikipedia (The company profile at Wikipedia)
- IC Company Corporate Information (History on the company can be found here)
- INT.GAMES.1C.RU (The Official English homepage of Interactive and Education Products Division)
Most popular games as rated by MobyGames users.