Paul Steed is an industry veteran games artist that has been an Art Director, Game Designer, 3D modeler/Animator, Creative Director, CCO, President, GM and Game Director.
Paul worked at Origin
in the early to mid 90's before going to Id Software, where he was the modeling and animation department for the Quake franchise
. He has also spent time at Iguana Entertainment, Virgin Interactive and WildTangent in addition to freelance and contracts stints.
He is a published author that has written three books (one revised) on character modelling and animation as well as a frequent speaker and advisory Board member for the Game Developer's Conference.
Recently, Paul worked in the technology group for Microsoft's Xbox as Creative Director helping launch Xbox 360 and XNA then spent a year as the Creative Director for publisher Atari, Inc.
After Atari Steed spent 5 years as CCO and President of the art outsource company he founded: Exigent with studios in New Delhi, Shanghai and now Nanjing.
In late 2010 he started a small studio for UTV Ignition in Austin, Texas serving as GM and Game Director for an unannounced UE3 FPS that the publisher abruptly shut down in July of 2011.
On August 11, 2012, Paul Steed passed away.
Also Known As
- Sorcery (2012), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Kwari (2008), Kwari (IOM) Limited
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Gold (2008), Atari, Inc.
- Test Drive Unlimited (2007), Atari UK Ltd.
- Act of War: High Treason (2006), Atari Europe S.A.S.U.
- BattleZone (2006), Atari, Inc.
- Driver: Parallel Lines (2006), Atari, Inc.
- Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure (2006), Atari, Inc.
- Neverwinter Nights 2 (2006), Akella
- Shadow Ops: Red Mercury (2004), Atari Europe S.A.S.U.
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Operation Resurrection (2003), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Betty Bad (2002), WildTangent, Inc.
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Game of the Year) (2002), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Quake III: Team Arena (2000), id Software, Inc.
- Kingpin: Life of Crime (1999), Interplay Entertainment Corp.
- Quake II (1999), Activision, Inc.
- Quake III: Arena (1999), Activision, Inc.
- Quake III: Arena (Elite Edition) (1999), Loki Entertainment Software, Inc.
- Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero (1998), id Software, Inc.
- Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning (1998), Activision, Inc.
- iM1A2 Abrams (1997), Interactive Magic Ltd.
- Quake II (1997), Activision, Inc.
- Quake Mission Pack No 1: Scourge of Armagon (1997), id Software, Inc.
- Quake Mission Pack No. 2: Dissolution of Eternity (1997), id Software, Inc.
- Quake (1996), id Software, Inc.
- Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom (1996), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- BioForge (1995), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.
- Wings of Glory (1995), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Wing Commander Armada (1994), Dong Seo Interactive
- Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger (1994), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Strike Commander (1993), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.
- Strike Commander (CD-ROM Edition) (1993), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.
- Strike Commander: Tactical Operations (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.