David Brevik has been in the games industry for over thirteen years, starting his career as Lead Technical Director at Iguana Entertainment
before leaving in 1993 to form Condor, Inc.
Prior to co-founding Flagship Studios
in 2003, he spent the seven years as both President for Blizzard North
and as a Director of Blizzard Entertainment
. As a member of numerous internal and external project oversight teams, he brought a unique vision and understanding of design and technology to Blizzard’s games, especially the Diablo series
David was a Project Lead, Design Lead and Lead Programmer on Diablo
and Diablo II
. He also played an important role in the initial and iterative structural design of Blizzard’s free online gaming service, Battle.net, which launched with the original Diablo.
In September of 1993, Brevik founded Condor, Inc., along with friends Erich Schaefer
and Max Schaefer
. Condor was renamed Blizzard North when the company was acquired by the owners of Blizzard Entertainment in June of 1996. David’s other projects in the early days of Condor, Inc. included Lead programming and Design positions on Justice League Task Force
and Quarterback Club Football
After Flagship started to close down in July 2008, it was announced in October of the same year that he had joined Turbine, Inc.
at its new development studio in Redwood City, CA, as Creative Director.
Also Known As
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Diablo III (2012), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Marvel Super Hero Squad Online (2011), Gazillion Entertainment, Inc.
- Dungeons and Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited (2009), Atari, Inc.
- Hellgate: London (2007), Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (Collector's Edition) (2002), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo II (2000), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo II (Collector's Edition) (2000), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo (1996), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Justice League Task Force (1995), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- The Pirates of Dark Water (1994), SunSoft
- Aero the Acro-Bat (1993), Sun Corporation of America
- Gordo 106 (1991), Atari Corporation