Richard Vogel currently leads Battlecry Studios
, an internal development studio of ZeniMax Media Inc.
first announced in October 2012. Previously he was Vice President of Product Development for the Austin studio of BioWare Corporation
since March 2006, where he managed new product development.
Rich Vogel has been doing game development for 15 years. His first five years was doing console development for CD-I, Sega, and PS-1. He started his online career as Senior Producer of Meridian 59
where he helped launch and run the live service. He left 3DO
to join Origin
in 1997 as Senior Producer of Ultima Online
where he helped launch and run the live service for two years. He speaks frequently on issues of online world design, online development process, and online community management.
In 2000, Rich joined Sony Online Entertainment
as Executive Producer and formed the Austin Studio. He shipped Star Wars Galaxies
in 2003 and the first expansion Jump to Lightspeed
in 2004. He managed the Galaxies live team for the first year after launch.
Also Known As
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Mass Effect (2012), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (2011), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Mass Effect (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Star Wars: Galaxies - Episode III Rage of the Wookiees (2005), LucasArts
- Star Wars: Galaxies - The Total Experience (2005), LucasArts
- Star Wars: Galaxies - Jump to Lightspeed (2004), LucasArts
- Star Wars: Galaxies - An Empire Divided (2003), LucasArts
- Ultima Online: The Second Age (1998), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.