(June 13, 1963 - November 8, 2009)
Before Armin Gessert ventured the step to independently founding Spellbound
, he worked as a game developer and programmer for the cult labels Rainbow Arts
and Blue Byte
His first work was the action adventure Street Gang
which came out under the label Rainbow Arts in 1984. The following year Armin Gessert developed a real classic in cooperation with Chris Hülsbeck
(sound) and Manfred Trenz
(graphic): The Great Giana Sisters
. The “Giana Sisters” maintained its lead on top of the readers’ charts for 13 months. By publishing the sequel to the “Giana Sisters”, a game called Hard ‘n’ Heavy
, the cooperation with Rainbow Arts terminated and Armin Gessert went to a different job from Gütersloh to Kehl where he worked as freelance for the in 1988 newly founded developer agency Blue Byte.
The first game he programmed for Blue Byte was the adventure Tom and the Ghost
. With respect to this adventure Armin Gessert participated in the development of the tennis simulation Great Court
, which was the first big roaring success for Blue Byte in 1989. The last game Armin Gessert realised for Blue Byte was Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase
Following in 1994 was the step to independence – the establishment of Spellbound Studios which developed real-time strategy games such as "Robin Hood - The Legend of Sherwood", released in 2002 and the two "Desperados" games, released in 2001 and 2006, respectively.Source: Spellbound Entertainment company homepage
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Airline Tycoon 2 (2011), Kalypso Media Digital Ltd.
- ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif (2011), JoWooD Productions Software AG, Nordic Games GmbH
- ArcaniA: Gothic 4 (2010), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Giana's Return (2010),
- Giana Sisters DS (2009), dtp entertainment AG
- Helldorado (2007), dtp entertainment AG
- Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge (2006), Atari Europe S.A.S.U.
- Airline Tycoon Deluxe (2003), Spellbound Entertainment AG
- Chicago 1930 (2003), Wanadoo Edition
- Cultures: Die Saga (2003), Funatics Software GmbH
- Smoking Guns: Shooting Gallery! (2003), Spellbound Studios
- Airline Tycoon Evolution (2002), Ubi Soft Entertainment Ltd.
- Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood (2002), Strategy First, Inc., Wanadoo Edition
- Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive (2001), Infogrames Europe SA
- Cultures (2000), THQ Inc.
- Airline Tycoon (1999), Infogrames Multimedia SA
- Airline Tycoon (1998), Infogrames Europe SA
- Perry Rhodan: Operation Eastside (1998), Fantasy Productions Verlags- und Medienvertriebsgesellschaft mbH
- Extreme Assault (1997), Blue Byte Software GmbH
- Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase (1995), Blue Byte Software GmbH
- The Great War: 1914 - 1918 (1992), Blue Byte Studio GmbH
- Great Courts 2 (1991), Blue Byte Software GmbH
- Jimmy Connors Pro Tennis Tour (1991), Ubi Soft Entertainment Software
- Tom and the Ghost (1990), Ubi Soft Entertainment Software
- The Great Giana Sisters (1987), Rainbow Arts Software GmbH
- In 80 Days Around the World (1987), Rainbow Arts Software GmbH