Karl Buiter is a game designer and developer with a long history of original titles published by Electronic Arts
, and other companies. More recently, Karl has been developing entertainment, RFID, and location-based entertainment software for PDA and cellular platforms. Karl was the founding CEO and a continuing board member of MousePlanet.com.
Karl Buiter has been in love with outer space since he first saw "2001:A Space Odyssey". He was four years old at the time. It was in high school that he built his first computer space game - a multi-terminal project for an HP 2000. Karl is also the designer of EOS:Earth Orbit Station, which is based on NASA's plans for the next 50 years of space exploration. When he's not working on his next game or hitting the beaches, he's playing with his digital drum system at his home in Southern California.
- Casper: Friends Around the World (2000), Sound Source Interactive, Inc.
- Shadow of Yserbius (1993), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- SpellCraft: Aspects of Valor (1992), ASCII Entertainment Software, Inc.
- Hard Nova (1990), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Sentinel Worlds I: Future Magic (1988), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Earth Orbit Stations (1987), Electronic Arts, Inc.