🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Off Topic > Funny Burger King Games Trailer

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 11/25/2006 4:38 AM · Permalink · Report

Most of the time, licensed titles turn out outrageously bad, and that's just talking about movies and TV. When the license turns out to be from a fast food restaurant, its almost an immediate sign to burn the game in effigy.

Nonetheless, movies based video games have gotten a lot better when it comes to content and graphics these days, now hiring full teams and attempting something more than a Doom or side scrolling rip-off.

Burger King released this trailer, which I actually thought was pretty funny. I'm not saying its good outright yet, but it does catch my attention. Not just because the trailer is pretty funny, but because it actually looks like they put some effort into it.

Has anyone tried it yet? Is anyone man enough to admit the game is actually fun?

Depeche Mike (17455) on 11/25/2006 4:57 AM · Permalink · Report

I read reviews of all the games and seems that Pocketbike is the worst of the three but Sneak King is fun and Big Bumpin' probably will have the longest legs.

Ben K (23952) on 11/28/2006 10:50 AM · Permalink · Report

A big thank you to whoever contributed Sneak King - that looks surreal. Chasing people as a king forcing them to eat Burger King products - man, it almost makes me wish we still had Burger King in Australia!

JPaterson (9502) on 11/29/2006 12:08 AM · Permalink · Report

I've played Sneak King briefly, and a fair bit of Big Bumpin', and yes, they are fun. Won't last long though, and I doubt I'll give them a second glance come next week, but they are cute little games.

I'll even go so far as to say they are better then a lot of the budget-priced games for twenty bucks.

Ben K (23952) on 11/29/2006 9:18 AM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, and think about it - you're essentially paying four bucks for an interactive advertisement. And Burger King is spreading its advertisement WORLDWIDE, which is pretty impressive. I'd say they're definitely getting a good return on their investment.

JPaterson (9502) on 12/2/2006 6:58 AM · Permalink · Report

I mean yeah, four bucks for an Xbox 360 game? No matter what it's like you can't go wrong. There's just something fulfilling about sneaking up on someone and giving them a cheeseburger at the end of a dance.