A group for games prominently featuring zombies. Although it is unclear where in mythology zombies have originated from, they have been identified to originate from sources as early as Norse mythology to even earlier Sumerian mythology (though distinction between the undead in general is unclear). The zombie
definition and its variations are more commonly known to be of African or Haitian voodoo-related origins (i.e. Haitian snake god Zombi). Interpretations of popular culture from classic role-playing games, cult novels, movies, with influences from mentioned mythologies, have later formed a consensus on the characteristics of the zombie. Zombies, based on the aforementioned interpretations may traditionally have one or more of the following traits:
- Undead beings, usually summoned forth by necromancers or by other means of dark magic.
- Nocturnal creatures, rarely active during the day-time or where sunlight is present.
- Usually inhabits graveyards, catacombs or ritually unclean (unholy) sites, feeding on other dead corpses (and living creatures foolish enough to venture near).
- Usually slow-moving, mindless, suffers various stages of decomposition and a serious lack of personal hygiene.
- Wears shredded or torn clothing, almost similar to the fashion sense of the 1980s and heavy metal bands :p.
In video gaming, zombies were brought to the spotlight by games such as Resident Evil
and House of the Dead
. Later interpretations, no longer limit zombies to humanoid creatures or products of dark magics. Apparently, zombies now can run without losing their legs in the process and may be created from laboratory-engineered viruses or other sci-fi elements.Limitations
Related Game Group(s)
- Although arguably similar one way or the other, mummies, liches, vampires, wraiths, and person(s) inhabiting retirement homes, should be excluded from this game group. Please limit zombies to the common or popular understanding of zombies as aforementioned and tell grandpa he doesn't belong here (yet). Also, games based on the monster in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein are excluded in that that character was no longer dead when he was walking but had been returned to life. Also, he has his own game group.
|Game Title||Year||Platform||Publisher||User Score|
|Kill Shot: Virus||2017||Android, iPad, iPhone||Hothead Games, Inc.||...|
|Rage Against the Zombies||2017||Macintosh, Windows||Fun4Family||...|
|Boost Beast||2017||Nintendo Switch||Arc System Works Co., Ltd.||...|
|Zombie Brigade: No Brain No Gain||2017||Wii U||Cypronia sro||...|
|Zombies Bullets and Jeans||2017||Android||Tech Dog Games||...|
|PixelJunk VR: Dead Hungry||2017||PlayStation 4||Q-Games Ltd.||...|
|Yet Another Zombie Defense HD||2017||Windows||Awesome Games Studio Sp. z o. o.||...|
|Bloody Zombies||2017||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One||nDreams Ltd||...|
|Codename Cure||2017||Linux, Macintosh, Windows||...|
|Zombie Solitaire 2: Chapter 1||2017||Windows||rokapublish GmbH||...|
|Don't Panic!||2017||Windows||Indovers Studio||...|
|Zombie Gunship Survival||2017||Android, iPad, iPhone||flaregames GmbH||...|
|Ballistic Overkill: Grenadier - Zombie||2017||Linux, Macintosh, Windows||Aquiris Game Studio S.A.||...|
|Ballistic Overkill: Marksman - Zombie||2017||Linux, Macintosh, Windows||Aquiris Game Studio S.A.||...|
|The Walking Dead||2017||Arcade||Raw Thrills, Inc.||...|
|Dead Age||2016||Linux, Macintosh, Windows||Headup Games GmbH & Co. KG||...|
|The Walking Dead: Michonne - Episode 1: In Too Deep||2016||Android, iPad, iPhone, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One||Telltale, Inc.||...|
|The Walking Dead: Michonne||2016||Macintosh, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One||Telltale, Inc.||4.22|
|1000m Zombie Escape!||2016||iPad, iPhone, Nintendo 3DS||Oink Games Inc.||...|
|Zombies on a Plane||2016||Macintosh, Windows||Shangri-La Game Studios||...|
|Dead Venture||2016||Android, iPad, iPhone||DogByte Games Kft.||...|
|Arizona Sunshine||2016||PlayStation 4, Windows||Vertigo Games B.V.||...|
|Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Pack||2016||Windows, Xbox One||Microsoft Studios||...|
|The Walking Dead: Michonne - Season Finale: What We Deserve||2016||Android, iPad, iPhone, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One||Telltale, Inc.||...|
Game group created by Ace of Sevens
(4474), additional games added to group by Cantillon
(14414), Patrick Bregger
(48163), Novox Master
(57989), Sid Hannah
(16), Victor Vance
(2211), Terok Nor
(128159), Unicorn Lynx
(181369), Indra is stressed
(26430), 雷堂嬢太朗 -raido.jotaro-
(60834), Tomas Pettersson
(26242) and Jeanne