DescriptionJohn Lowe won the World Darts Championship twice, and puts his name to this combination of darts-based games. There are 10 difficulty levels to take on. Only part of the board is on screen at a time, with the screen scrolling as you move the arrow from your perspective. This makes some targets much harder to hit than others.
A practice mode is included, alongside standard 501 and round-the-board games, plus variants loosely based around soccer and cricket. In the former, the player who scores higher with each set of 3 darts gains territory (so in reality it’s more like US Football). The cricket variant sees players alternate in batting and bowling roles – in the former points are converted to runs; in the latter, hit the bullseye to get batsmen out.
- "Game On!" -- Working title
- "Game On" -- Later development title
- "Darts Practice" -- Early development title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Amiga Joker||Dec, 1989||77 out of 100||77|
|CU Amiga||Sep, 1991||70 out of 100||70|
|Amiga Format||Aug, 1991||55 out of 100||55|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe program was originally designed as a darts utility for darts players to play against. The C64 version was finished in April 1988 and titled "Game On". Gremlin got the rights to Publish the game and the Amiga and ST conversions followed. John Lowe was the second darts player to endorse a computer game during the 1980's. The other being Jocky Wilson. Eric Bristow ( 5 times Embassy World Champion ) never put his name to a computer game. John Lowe endorsed Unicorn Darts Products and a free set of Gremlin Unicorn Darts Flights were issued with the game.
Related Web Sites
- Commodore Format -- CF Issue 25. Full game.
- GTW64 -- Early version of the game and source code
- Lemon 64 - Legal Game Download -- Original Disk version for C64. Needs C64 emulator to play it.
- STADIUM 64 -- GAME HISTORY
- STADIUM 64 - GAME DESIGN -- Good design document with some program hacks - done by author of c64 version