Fast Food (Atari 2600)

5.0
Written by  :  Diablo Arcade (2)
Written on  :  Nov 15, 2012
read more reviews by Diablo Arcade

Summary

You're getting fatter!

The Good

You're getting fatter! Fast Food is a 1982 video game for the Atari 2600 designed by Don Ruffcorn and developed by Telesys.

The object of the game is to consume as much unhealthy food as possible and get fatter, and avoid purple pickles. The game starts in a black background with the main character on the right side of the screen, disembodied lips named "Mighty Mouth". You control the lips in a very arcade-like feel, moving around, eating all the food, avoiding the "purple pickles". The name "Fast Food" has a very clever double meaning here, the food gets faster as the game continues, and you're eating fast food. If you eat six purple pickles, you "burp" it up and the restaurant will have to close. With this being said, every 500 points a purple pickle will be removed from the list, giving you one more chance.

Very fun and attractive game, great to see how creative some people were when making games back in the day.

The Bad

It doesn't last. How amazing this game is doesn't stop the gameplay from getting bland over time, but definitely something I can play at any time, when I need something too do in my free time.

The Bottom Line

A very interesting and creative Atari arcade-like game with great gameplay. Definitely worth a purchase to anyone who enjoys Atari games, or Arcade-styled games in general.