🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Beat Hazard > Dammit

Foxhack (32100) on 4/28/2010 1:30 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I was going to add this game today!

Furthermore, I think the Windows and XBox versions will have to be split. The Windows release already has a ton of stuff the XBox version will never get, like support for other file formats and quite possibly iTunes music (currently in the works). Oh yeah, the XBox version is not worldwide - it's only available in countries where Indie Games are available... and Mexico is not one of those places.

Other than that...

BUY THE GAME OR I WILL PUNCH YOU.

After I revise the description.

Sciere (930490) on 4/28/2010 5:44 AM · Permalink · Report

You're right about the 360 countries, I keep forgetting about that.

Apart from that, the differences you mention are trivial - core gameplay is the same, how and what kind of formats can be imported is a technical detail. We might want to warn that rubbish iTunes is supported though.

xroox (3895) on 4/28/2010 7:19 AM · Permalink · Report

I wish this game had more lively enemy design. And a bit more variety :(

Sciere (930490) on 4/28/2010 7:48 AM · Permalink · Report

It's a bit stale indeed. But it's one of the few XNA indie titles to leave a mark, the whole range has been much of a disappointment.

Foxhack (32100) on 4/28/2010 9:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Play different songs. In harder levels...

Maybe you think it needs more variety. Well, try playing all sorts of soundtracks. I just started playing on Insane mode... let's just say that I'm finally understanding why Bullet Hell players love that crap genre.

At least this game is playable. :p

xroox (3895) on 4/28/2010 10:30 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Foxhack wrote--]Play different songs. In harder levels...

Maybe you think it needs more variety. Well, try playing all sorts of soundtracks.[/Q --end Foxhack wrote--]Yeah, I realized how inane my comment about 'variety' was after posting it ;) I really just meant that I'd like to see more variety in enemy types and visual effects. I was quite blown away the first time I put on 'We Are The People' by Empire Of The Sun, though :)

Foxhack (32100) on 4/28/2010 9:37 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

The dev is adding a DLC patch ($1 on Steam, in the future) to add support for iTunes music format because a lot of people want it. You don't have to install it if you don't need it.

And I STILL say that Achievements on PC needs to be expanded to non-Live For Windows games. Many of the games on Steam already have Achievements. :P

And the game really gets a lot better once you've unlocked Elite mode. I need to rewrite your description, it just doesn't describe the full game as it is now. :p

Sciere (930490) on 4/29/2010 6:00 AM · Permalink · Report

Please do =)

xroox (3895) on 4/28/2010 10:48 PM · Permalink · Report

P.S. I'm playing this at the moment and it's pretty goddamn good.

Sciere (930490) on 4/29/2010 6:01 AM · Permalink · Report

It's so subtle in its variety for each playthrough, I enjoyed it a lot.