Clyde's Revenge (DOS)

Clyde's Revenge DOS Title Screen

MISSING COVER

3.0
Written by  :  Satoshi Kunsai (1811)
Written on  :  Apr 17, 2001
Rating  :  0.75 Stars0.75 Stars0.75 Stars0.75 Stars0.75 Stars

read more reviews by Satoshi Kunsai

Summary

I don't which is sadder...this or the guys behind it.

The Good

Well, all it took was the DOS command "deltree clyde2" and I was rid of it. Quite easy to do, actually. Oh yes, and if you're willing, it's a GREAT cure for insomnia!

The Bad

Plenty. Everyone ready??

Ok...the gameplay is just so...so....BRAINDEAD!! There are NO enemies anywhere, the game is so slow-paced and I simply can't stand the damn bloody fact that you have to be going in complete circles in some castles to find each and EVERY SINGLE STONE you need to complete a stage...and it's even more maddening when you find out that you need sometimes upwards of 500 (yes, FIVE HUNDRED!!) stones on the later levels to beat them!

The graphics? Very very dull and flat looking sprites, and terrible looking stages. Sounds and music? Well...let's just say that for the sake of your sanity, don't set them on. In fact, don't even bother playing. There...you've saved yourself from the horrible sounds (especially Clyde's scream when he lands on a hazard...talk about getting on one's nerves!) and terribly flat, dull, boring music. It's so bad, I wanted to cry out loud in spite of myself.

The Bottom Line

Terrible....simply terrible. You can find better platform action elsewhere, and if you REALLY have to play this terrible excuse for an action game, I pity you.

Just remember to put a pillow somewhere near your PC...you'll need it.