🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Omikron: The Nomad Soul > Wrong screenshots

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 11/29/2009 2:03 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm pretty sure that the first 3 screenshots are old promo-shots that were up on Quantic Dream's old website for quite a while. I tried checking the old site via archive.org several times but in the few cases the page actually loaded, it wasn't the version I was looking for, that's why I'm not submitting a correction right away. Someone who has seen Quantic Dream's old site or is familiar with the game might be able to verify this. In the first screenshot, you see gliders gliding over water - that never happens in the actual game.

xroox (3895) on 11/29/2009 4:47 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

You are absolutely right. In fact, the third shot was my desktop wallpaper for a while, after I grabbed it off that site back in the day.

I'm doing a google image search right now to try to prove this - though I know it's correct.

[EDIT: Frustratingly, I can't find those images elsewhere, though I'm sure I've seen them at other sites too.]

[EDIT2: Ah ha! One of those shots can be found here: http://omikrongame.blogspot.com/1999/06/nomad-soul-developer-screens.html]

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 11/29/2009 9:34 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Thanks, correction submitted.

Btw I've never seen these screenshots of older versions. Seems like they were planing a more fluid transition between the action sequences, judging from the screenshots showing fighting in open areas and shooting from 3rd person perspective. Interesting.