🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Sorcerian: Shichisei Mahō no Shito > "Real-time" game attribute to be added.

yenruoj_tsegnol_eht (!!ihsoy) (2599) on 7/24/2012 9:03 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

After watching this game play video I submitted a correction to add «Top–down» and «Real–Time», and received this reply from the approver: « Comments: I have added top down but if you want to add real time you'll have to make a post about it on the game's forum. Another user had a correction to remove real time so you can discuss there». Real-time was not present among game attributes, how could another use post a correction to remove it? I submit "Real-time" one more time, waiting for someone's confirmation that I am doing right here.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 7/24/2012 9:10 AM · Permalink · Report

It was present before, and I submitted a correction to remove it. This is an action RPG, not an RPG with real-time combat. In RPGs real-time combat refers to games like Baldur's Gate, or as an additional denominator (with turn-based) to ATB Final Fantasy games, also for atypical examples like Vagrant Story. Sorcerian games do not have this kind of combat.

vedder (70822) on 7/24/2012 9:28 AM · Permalink · Report

"Real-Time" is not required in a game marked "Action", because action games are real-time by default.

Parf (7873) on 7/24/2012 6:05 PM · Permalink · Report

What vedder said. :)

yenruoj_tsegnol_eht (!!ihsoy) (2599) on 7/25/2012 8:35 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Ok thanks. I have another question: how to include in MobyRank sources sites presenting reviews with no rating or a rating that doesn't match any of those supported here? Is it possible?

vedder (70822) on 7/25/2012 9:03 AM · Permalink · Report

We don't support mobyrank sources with no rating. What kind of rating did you find that we don't support?

yenruoj_tsegnol_eht (!!ihsoy) (2599) on 7/25/2012 9:54 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

This site uses fours signal post-like symbols to rate games. You can see them on that page. Those guys look very competent, it's a pity if their reviews can't be added here.

vedder (70822) on 7/25/2012 10:59 AM · Permalink · Report

You can use "numeric highest is best - out of 4" for that.

yenruoj_tsegnol_eht (!!ihsoy) (2599) on 8/9/2012 1:52 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

These below are the 4 ratings that site uses:

a) This is the GGGames Editor's Choice award. Only the games that we really approve can be awarded with this prestigious emblem!
b) These games are recommended by us. We deem these games to be of high-quality, and if you are a gamer you need to play them!
c)Games that get this warning sign are so poor that we can't recommend playing it.
d)The ultimate warning to all our readers. These games are really bad and you should stay far away from them.

I see it as more natural to make "a)" equal to "1", "b)" to "2", "c)" to "3"... (lowest rating is best) oppositely to what you did suggest. The «Editor's Choice Award» should be a "1" rather than a "4" (highest rating is best).
I wish to read the opinion or more than 1 approver about this, before proceeding definitely or, at least, have a confirmation by that explains more.

Parf (7873) on 8/9/2012 5:46 PM · Permalink · Report

I'd say either is fine, as long as we make sure to make it stick with the one decided so no confusion arises later.

Patrick Bregger (301035) on 8/9/2012 6:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Normally we use "highest is best" unless it is absolutely necessary to use "lowest is best". As long as you are the only one contributing MobyRanks from that source, consistency is not an issue. However, as soon as someone else works on it, the contributor will naturally use highest is best and the problems start. Personally I would stick to the standard.

yenruoj_tsegnol_eht (!!ihsoy) (2599) on 8/10/2012 1:49 PM · Permalink · Report

It's apparent that an editor's choice award is better expressed through a «1/4» than a «4/4»; I will follow your advice nevertheless. I only add a concluding comment: about issues like that above, I see an inclination to say «perhaps it's not perfect to do in this way, but it's easier/more comfortable/easier to be understood so we'll continue in this way». This will not raise the site's quality to the highest achievable and I disagree over it.