DescriptionFinal Fantasy XI Online is an MMORPG which is played in the persistent medieval world of Vana'diel.
Create your own character by choosing your race, gender, face, body size and job. The five unique races are: Hume, Elvaan, Tarutaru, Mithra, and Galka.
Beginning jobs include: Warrior, Monk, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage and Red Mage. More jobs, such as Bard, Paladin, Beastmaster or Ranger, become available after certain quests are completed. Players can change their job at any time and can eventually add a "support" job.
Join other players to form "clans" on various servers to fight the evil beastmasters. You can communicate with other players in your group using text and body language.
The North American release includes the Rise of the Zilart expansion pack which adds 3 additional jobs: Samurai, Dragoon and Ninja.
- "ファイナルファンタジーXI Online" -- Japanese spelling
- "Final Fantasy 11" -- Common title
- "FFXI" -- Abbreviated title
- "FF11" -- Common abbreviation
- "Exodus" -- Working Title
Part of the Following Groups
- Final Fantasy games
- Final Fantasy Online series
- Final Fantasy series
- Gameplay feature: Alchemy
- Gameplay feature: Botany, Farming, Gardening
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Skill distribution
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Survival cooking
- Games made into books
- Technology: amBX
|Not just YAMMORPG - the game design is finely crafted to avoid most or all of the pitfalls of the genre||Windows||weregamer (157)|
The Press Says
|Game Over Online||PlayStation 2||Nov 30, 1999||91 out of 100||91|
|Game Over Online||Windows||Dec 09, 2003||84 out of 100||84|
|GameSpot||Windows||Nov 14, 2003||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Legendra||Xbox 360||Feb 10, 2007||80|
|GameCell UK||Xbox 360||2006||7 out of 10||70|
|Game Informer Magazine||PlayStation 2||May, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|2404.org PC Gaming||Windows||Apr 01, 2005||6.9 out of 10||69|
|Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM)||Xbox 360||Jul, 2006||6.5 out of 10||65|
|GameSpot||Xbox 360||Apr 28, 2006||6 out of 10||60|
|Game Freaks 365||PlayStation 2||2006||5.8 out of 10||58|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|damn good game||2||DJP Mom (11121)
Aug 25, 2007
TriviaThe first Final Fantasy game to be exclusively online. Also, coincidentally, the first massively-multiplayer online role-playing game to have a discernible beginning and ending, with a story line that every player can experience at any time.
Related Web Sites
- FF-Fan -- A fansite that offers all kinds of information on the entire Final Fantasy franchise, including walkthroughs, game media, discussion boards and fan art.
- FFXI Connection -- Fan site contains news and many tips and tricks.
- FFXI Masters -- Get strategies on playing the game from some of the experts.
- FFXI Players -- Forum for "The Players Behind The Characters".
- Final Fantasy XI Online -- An information resource fan site.
- Final Fantasy XI Online -- Official Web Site
- Wikipedia: Final Fantasy XI Online -- Information about Final Fantasy XI Online at Wikipedia
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.