Gain Ground (Genesis)

Written by  :  DudeOfMonson (106)
Written on  :  Jan 18, 2007
Platform  :  Genesis
Rating  :  4.17 Stars4.17 Stars4.17 Stars4.17 Stars4.17 Stars

read more reviews by DudeOfMonson

Summary

Playing this game 2 player will result in you yelling "COVER ME!!!" or "RETREAT!!!"

The Good

What a cool game. Basically you have to work your way through 50 stages. Each stage has enemies laid out ready to attack. When the round begins you take 'em out and try and get to the exit. Kill everyone or get all your men out to advance to the next level.

This is not a game you can just rush through. Each level requires planning and strategy. Before the level begins it shows you what enemies you have to fight. Some will be visible some will be waiting to rush out of no where and attack. So pay attention to the enemy counter up top.

Also when a round begins evaluate the scenario and choose your first soldier wisely. See a guys on a bridge who might cause trouble? Choose a soldier capable of attacking up high and nail 'em.

This isn't a game you can really rush through your first time playing. So make sure you have a good amount of time to play before you start. Also the only reason you will die in this game will be due to your own errors. You will have people shooting at you almost constantly so don't rush around, take your time and dodge.

The Bad

The only thing I didn't like about this game was the initial learning curve. At first I hated this game, that was because I was running around like a idiot. Once I understood the pace of the game, I did much better.

The Bottom Line

Awesome strategy game for Genesis. A very unique game that will definitely keep you busy for a while. Good replay value also.