Not an American user?
DescriptionIn this Harry Potter game, join him during his second term at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
A dark plot against his "Mudblood" classmates has Harry befuddled as more and more students are strangely petrified. Harry must learn new spells and cast them without mistake to uncover the secrets and solve the mysteries.
In the PC version, the 3D environments are "free-roaming" as players actually become Harry Potter and learn more about his world and personality. Conversations with the various characters and keen observation as you explore are crucial to solving the game. Interact with familiar characters from the movie: Ron, Hermoine and, of course, Gilderoy Lockhart. Additionally, there are multiple mini-games and side quests.
- "哈里波特与密室" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Гарри Поттер и Тайная комната" -- Russian spelling
- "Harry Potter y la Cámara Secreta" -- Spanish title
- "Harry Potter und die Kammer des Schreckens" -- German title
- "Harry Potter to Himtisu no Heya" -- Japanese title
- "Harry Potter och Hemligheternas Kammare" -- Swedish title
- "Harry Potter ja Salaisuuksien Kammio" -- Finnish title
- "Harry Potter i Komnata Tajemnic" -- Polish title
- "Harry Potter et la Chambre des Secrets" -- French title
- "Harry Potter en de Geheime Kamer" -- Dutch title
- "Harry Potter e a Câmara Secreta" -- Brazilian title
- "Harry Potter e a Câmara dos Segredos" -- Portuguese title
- "Harry Potter 2" -- Informal title
- "해리 포터와 비밀의 방" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: UnrealEngine1
- Harry Potter licensees
- Inspiration: Movies
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
|Seemingly based on a Reader's Digest version of a novelization of the film.||Xbox||DarkBubble (370)|
The Press Says
|IGN||PlayStation 2||Nov 25, 2002||8.4 out of 10||84|
|4Players.de||Xbox||Nov 30, 2002||82 out of 100||82|
|UOL Jogos||Windows||Nov 14, 2002||80|
|Nintendojo||GameCube||2002||7.9 out of 10||79|
|Gamesmania||GameCube||Mar 18, 2003||78 out of 100||78|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Macintosh||May 22, 2003||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Xbox||Nov 14, 2002||14 out of 20||70|
|GamePro (US)||PlayStation 2||Nov 22, 2002||60|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Windows||Jun 01, 2003||60|
|Game Informer Magazine||PlayStation 2||Jan, 2003||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Harry Potter Casts a Spell -- An Apple Games article, archived on the author's website, about the Macintosh version of The Chamber of Secrets. In addition to a descriptive overview of the game, the article provides a brief guide to the new characters and creatures in this second game, a collection of links to Harry Potter fansites, recommendations for other games the player might enjoy, and general information about the game itself (February, 2003).
- NZMac Review -- A (largely) unscored, positive review of the Macintosh version of the game by NZMac, a New Zealand Apple site (Jul. 01, 2003).
- Wikipedia: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets -- Information about Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets at Wikipedia
Kris Adcock, Christopher Allen, Steve Bak, Stuart Johnson, David Pridmore, Daniel Secker, Narinder Singh Basran, John Stephens, Mark Topley, Julian Walshaw‑Vaughan, Andrew WareArt Team:
Amanda Barlow, Matt Dixon, Philip Dobson, Matthew Farrell, Steve Gratton, Henk Nieborg, Jon Parr, Philip Plunkett, Clive Stevenson, Steve Bamford, Drew Kerins