🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > King's Bounty: The Legend > Isn't it beautiful?

St. Martyne (3648) on 6/8/2008 6:09 AM · Permalink · Report

King's Bounty is another game I've bought at the end of last working week. And unlike Mass Effect the emotions are almost totally positive. The game features a stunning amount of high-class artwork. The world is blooming with colors and detail. Just take a look at those wonderful screenshots where 3D and 2D blend together and give this warm and charming atmosphere. And it all looks sharp and clean in high resolutions. Yay!

This game's art is a clear illustration to what I have said in another thread. Even if the subject matter of the game has been done to death like gnomes, devouring plants, knights and mages, it still can be fresh and exhilarating but only if the developer's creativity permits.

Oh, and the game itself is great too. Not exactly similar to the original King's Bounty, but a very entertaining game indeed. I will play it more later, so far I have other duties in a galaxy not far away to attend to.

Indra was here (20755) on 6/8/2008 7:42 PM · Permalink · Report

So it's finally out. May consider getting it. Is the game anything like HoMM (which is like the original King's Bounty)....which part's (concepts) in the strategy/RPG are different?

St. Martyne (3648) on 6/8/2008 8:38 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--]So it's finally out. [/Q --end Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--]

Kind of. Still, I don't believe the international English version is ready.

[Q --start Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--] Is the game anything like HoMM (which is like the original King's Bounty)....which part's (concepts) in the strategy/RPG are different? [/Q --end Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--]

That's the point. The game has taken back all which made Heroes different from KB, and then added a lot of other interesting features to the mix. Even something like Pokemon style beings from jRPG games, which will fight for you as you collect them.

To sum-up: No castles management, only one hero to control, no mission structure (you can basically go anywhere, but your butt will hurt if you do), plenty of various side quests . The tactical battle screen is very similar to HoMM, though. Hexagonal grid, magic book, five types of units in your army, obstacles for ranged attacks and so on. Basically, the game is more RPG/Tactics as opposed to Strategy of HoMM series. The strategy here is very simply, complete quests and make money.

And last thing, it's simply better than all of the HoM&M games released to date and KB itself. I know it's not fair to the original games without which this game wouldn't have existed. Just saying that the new KB is that good.

Every house and every location is hand made. The side quests are very funny and inventive, having this light air of fairy tale around them. And as I said the art is gorgeous. Music is kinda meh, but you can live with it.

A must play!