DescriptionWhen Professor Layton and his assistant, Luke, receive a letter from the Professor's mentor, Dr. Andrew Schrader, Layton feels uneasy. The letter mentions that Schrader has acquired an elusive artifact called the Elysian Box - legend has it that anyone who tries to open it dies. The pair rush to Schrader's apartment, but it is too late - the box appears to have claimed another victim, and yet is missing. The only clue is a ticket for the luxurious Molentary Express, found in the apartment. Will Layton and Luke be able to solve this latest mystery?
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box is the sequel to Professor Layton and the Curious Village, taking place directly after the events of the first game. Players take the role of the titular professor and his assistant Luke as they explore the Molentary Express for clues to the mystery of the Elysian Box. By talking to people and examining the environment, players discover puzzles, which when solved progress the story further.
As with the first game, puzzle can range from logic problems, to riddles, to simple calculation. If stuck, players can spend 'Hint Coins' that they can find throughout the game - but there are a finite amount available, so they should only be used when needed.
There are no Nintendo DS screenshots for this game.
- "レイトン教授と悪魔の箱" -- Japanese spelling
- "Professor Layton und die Schatulle der Pandora" -- German title
- "Professor Layton and Pandora's Box" -- European/Australian title
- "Professeur Layton et la boîte de Pandore" -- French title
- "Layton Kyouju to Akuma no Hako" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
|Lame excuse for a game||Pagen HD (81)|
The Press Says
|Game Couch||Jan 20, 2010||100|
|Jeuxvideo.fr||Sep 23, 2009||100|
|Game Captain||Sep 28, 2009||90 out of 100||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Sep 16, 2009||18 out of 20||90|
|That Gaming Site||Sep 18, 2009||8.9 out of 10||89|
|Game Freaks 365||Sep 28, 2009||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Mygamer.com||Aug 24, 2009||8.6 out of 10||86|
|IGN||Aug 24, 2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|The Review Busters||2009||8.25 out of 10||82|
|Giant Bomb||Aug 25, 2009||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesProfessor Layton and the Diabolical Box appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- 1UP's Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards
- 2009 - Best DS Game (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Puzzle Game (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Graphic Adventure (Readers' Choice)
- Cheat Code Central's Cody Awards.
- 2009 - Best Puzzle/Brain Game
- Game Informer's Awards
- 2009 - Best Puzzle Game
- GameTrailers' Game of the Year Awards
- 2009 - Best Puzzle/Parlor Game
- IGN Game of the Year Editors' Awards
- 2009 - Best DS Puzzle Game
- 2009 - Overall Best Puzzle Game
- Yahoo's Game Awards
- 2009 - Best Puzzle Game of the Year