There are a number of changes in the German version:
- The blood effects when shooting an enemy were toned down
- Civilians can be shot but not killed
- The German translation avoids the word "töten" (kill)
- In free roaming mode of the original version it is possible to set the police presence in four levels. In the German version it is set to the highest setting and can't be changed.
- Two playing modes were removed (chaos and riot)
- During the comic-style cutscenes some bloody drawings were changed and the texts censored (described violence and sexual references). This is obvious because the language can be set to German in the UK version.
A complete list of changes can be found on schnittberichte.com