DescriptionIn the sequel to Return to Mysterious Island, inspired by Jules Verne's novel The Mysterious Island the player once again controls Mina, a young and carefree navigator taking part in the Jules Verne competition, and Jep, a cute, little monkey. In this title Jep also becomes a playable character. Switching between both of them, both their talents need to be used depending on the circumstances. Only Mina can use complex tools, combine objects and read the documents found in the course of the game, whereas Jep can climb places inaccessible to Mina, communicate with other monkeys and find numerous objects thanks to his sense of smell.
Implemented in comics-styled animations, the introduction describes the crash of the helicopter that came to rescue Mina, and she with Jep are trapped on the island once again. Suddenly she sees that unknown disease afflicts the plants and animal life. So, in addition to survival mission she also has to save the island from an environmental disaster. While exploring the island to locate the infection source, Mina, together with Jep, search Captain Nemo's base in vain, the ruins of an unknown civilization, and finally understands that it is outside pollution that threatens the island.
Gameplay is shown from a first-person perspective with a 360-degree overview. Characters move between static locations, collect items and try to use or combine them. They can interrogate the island inhabitants or each other to raise their relations and achieve necessary goals. Curiosity, ingenuity, quick wit are encouraged with wit points. Several arcade sequences are featured as well. They include, for example, the requirement to crack ten nuts by Jep, and to do this, the mouse button needs to be clicked in series for tree times in right periods of time.
The game offers gameplay that synchronizes the PC version with a free iPhone application, along with an interactive information sharing module. The basic feature allows the PC player to complete a puzzle on the iPhone while on the go, then reintegrate it into the PC version to continue playing. The data sharing module allows players to seek advice and share impressions and tricks with other players who are online at the same time.
- "Возвращение на Таинственный остров 2" -- Russian spelling
- "Return to Mysterious Island 2" -- European title
- "Retour sur l’Île Mystérieuse 2: La Destinée de Mina" -- French title
- "Retorno a la Isla Misteriosa 2: El Destino de Mina" -- Spanish title
- "Jules Verne’s Secrets Of The Mysterious Island" -- iPhone title
- "Die Rückkehr zur geheimnisvollen Insel 2" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Primates (monkeys or apes)
- Inspiration: Author - Jules Verne
- Protagonist: Female
- Return to Mysterious Island series
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Windows||Oct 26, 2009||80|
|Adventure-Treff||Windows||Nov 04, 2009||78 out of 100||78|
|The A.V. Club||iPhone||Nov 23, 2009||B||75|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Windows||Jul 26, 2009||75 out of 100||75|
|Adventure Gamers||Windows||Aug 03, 2009||70|
|Adventurearchiv||Windows||Nov 05, 2009||69 out of 100||69|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Jul 09, 2009||13 out of 20||65|
|GameStar (Germany)||Windows||Oct 15, 2009||53 out of 100||53|
|GameSpot||Windows||Aug 21, 2009||4.5 out of 10||45|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- MaGtRo's Walkthrough (posted on Gameboomers.com)
- Return to Mysterious Island 2 (Official website)
- Return to Mysterious Island 2 - UHS (Not your ordinary walkthrough, this provides subtle hints before the solution is revealed to help you get only as much information as you need to solve the puzzles yourself.)