Contra III: The Alien Wars (SNES)

Written by  :  DudeOfMonson (106)
Written on  :  Dec 23, 2006
Platform  :  SNES
Rating  :  4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars

read more reviews by DudeOfMonson

Summary

Great 2-player game!

The Good

This is awesome game with lots of fire-power. I enjoyed playing this game by myself but then 2-player really makes things interesting. First of all you need to find a worthy partner, otherwise you have to babysit them. Once you find someone who has the same appreciation for the game your golden. Now you can both cover each other and team-up on bosses. This comes in handy for the mid-boss dragon skeleton guy, not sure what level but you will know him when you see him. Moving on, this game is awesome and is an extreme challenge in the HARD setting.

The Bad

The only complaint I have for this game was the gun sound effects. Yeah I know its SNES but beefed up gun sounds would have really made a difference. Especially because your constantly listening to the guns shooting in this game, believe me it keeps you shooting!

The Bottom Line

This is a great shoot 'em up that is promised to deliver fun and a challenge. A great addition to the Contra series!