DescriptionTOCA Race Driver 3 follows on from the ideas started in Race Driver 2. The game attempts to include as many different forms of four-wheeled racing in one game, as well as injecting each with a high degree of realism.
The game has over 70 licensed cars and 80 real tracks, as well as 35 different disciplines of racing.
There are two main gameplay modes. The World Tour mode has the player starting a racing career and, with the help of a Scottish manager, attempting to gain renown and acceptance into more famous racing events. There are 3D rendered cutscenes shown from the player's point-of-view, which move the story along and, while not as detailed as its predecessor, gives a good idea of the back scenes of a professional racer's life aside from just the racing. This mode includes mixtures from all the racing disciplines.
The second mode allows the player to choose one discipline and play a career focused on that choice. This mode has no back-story and longer, more realistic races.
TOCA Race Driver 3 provides two different driving models, Simulation and Pro-Simulation. The latter is recommended for gamers with analog steering wheels only. Simulation is intended for gamers without wheels, or who want an easier experience. This mode is also noticeably easier than the Simulation mode from TOCA Race Driver 2.
- "V8 Supercars Australia 3" -- Australian/New Zealand title
- "TOCA Race Driver 3: The Ultimate Racing Simulator" -- Tag-lined title
- "DTM Race Driver 3" -- German/Benelux title
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Ariel Atom
- Automobile: Audi A4
- Automobile: Audi Quattro
- Automobile: BMW M1
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Charger
- Automobile: Ford GT
- Automobile: Honda Civic
- Automobile: Honda NSX
- Automobile: Honda S2000
- Automobile: Lancia Stratos HF
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Pontiac Firebird
- Automobile: Renault Clio
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Ultima GTR
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Technology: amBX
- TOCA Racing games
- Touring Car Racing games
|Wow...simply wow!||PlayStation 2||Big John WV (25498)|
|Digital Entertainment News (den)||Windows||May 25, 2006||9.1 out of 10||91|
|IGN||Xbox||Feb 14, 2006||8.7 out of 10||87|
|GameSpot||PlayStation 2||Feb 24, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gamesmania.de||Xbox||Mar 17, 2006||82 out of 100||82|
|X-Power||Xbox||Mar 22, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Windows||Mar 10, 2006||16 out of 20||80|
|Game Informer Magazine||PlayStation 2||Mar, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Xbox||Feb 17, 2006||16 out of 20||80|
|Press Start Online||PlayStation 2||Jun 13, 2006||16 out of 20||80|
|Hry Sme||Windows||Apr 21, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2006 – #3 Best Xbox Game of the Year
- 2006 – #3 Best Racing Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- A Wealth of Racing Riches Await (An Apple Games article about TOCA Race Driver 3 (October, 2008).)
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of TOCA Race Driver 3 on the publisher's website, which provides an overview of the vehicles, circuits, and racing modes within the game, as well as a trailer, a demo, a series of desktop wallpapers, and ordering information, among other such things.)
- TOCA Race Driver 3 (Product page on the developer's website)
PlayStation 2 Credits