DescriptionThis game lets you design and play turn-based strategic battles. You can create scenarios between years 1846 and 1905. You have complete control over all the units, and can customize their firepower, movement points, strength, aggressiveness, etc.
Supports 1 or 2 players. Comes with pre-made scenarios and various campaigns (American civil war, Russo-Japanese War, Franco-Prussian,...).
The graphics win the respect the first two WCS (I and Tanks!), and now you can view your troops in the field.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Wargame Construction Set III: Das Gewehr 1846-1905" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Nov, 1996||100|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Nov, 1996||89 out of 100||89|
|Joystick (French)||Oct, 1996||85 out of 100||85|
|Gamesmania.de||1996||80 out of 100||80|
|Online Gaming Review (OGR)||Oct 08, 1996||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpot||Sep 12, 1996||7.7 out of 10||77|
|PC Games||Nov, 1996||B||75|
|Reset||Jun, 1997||7 out of 10||70|
|PC Joker||Mar, 1997||53 out of 100||53|
|PC Games (Germany)||Feb, 1997||41 out of 100||41|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Computer Gaming World
- May 1997 (Issue #154) – Wargame of the Year (Readers' Choice)
Related Web Sites
- Age of Rifles Yahoo! Group (If you have ANY questions, if you want to talk about Age of Rifles, share your experience in playing the game or making scenarios, if you are looking for addons, new scenarios and all stuff for Age of Rifles, you should join this group.)
- Norm Koger's Age of Rifles Page (Maintained by the developer of the game.)
- The Wargamer: Age of Rifles (Fan site hosted by wargamer.com)