DescriptionMortality Bytes casts players again in the role of Rincewind, from the first game.
Death, the grim reaper, who normally ushers the Discworld inhabitants into the afterlife, is on an extended vacation. This means that those whose "time is up" are faltering around in limbo. Now it's up to Rincewind to bring him back or suffer the fate of immortality.
Gameplay is divided into 4 Acts. There are many locations to explore and a multitude of obstacles in Rincewind's path to overcome. Conversations with characters and interaction with inventory objects is necessary to move ahead.
The game features unique humour similar to the previous game.
- "Mundodisco II: ¿Presuntamente Desaparecido?" -- Spanish title
- "Discworld II: Vermutlich vermisst...!?" -- German title
- "Discworld II: Missing presumed...!?" -- UK title
- "Discworld 2: Mortellement Votre" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
|Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!||Late (97)|
|Quite good, but missing just that little extra.||Ola Sverre Bauge (235)|
|One of the funniest and best-looking graphic adventures at the time.||Ricky Pugh (7)|
|Just Adventure||Mar 28, 2003||A-||91|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Dec, 1996||87 out of 100||87|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jan 22, 2010||17 out of 20||85|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 1997||83 out of 100||83|
|Génération 4||Jan, 1997||83|
|Power Play||Dec, 1996||82 out of 100||82|
|PC Player (Germany)||Dec, 1996||80|
|PC Gamer||Apr, 1997||73 out of 100||73|
|GameSpot||Dec 19, 1996||6.8 out of 10||68|
There are currently no topics for this game.
AnimationDiscworld II: Mortality Bytes! features more than 25000 frames of hand-rendered animation cells.
Related Web Sites
- ScummVM (supports Discworld II under Windows, Linux, Macintosh and other platforms.)
- The L-Space Discworld FAQ (More information on Discworld.)
- Universal Hints for Discworld 2 (Helpful hints for Discworld 2)