Disney•Pixar's Monsters, Inc.: Scare Island (Windows)

1.8
Written by  :  phlux (4143)
Written on  :  Feb 05, 2002
read more reviews by phlux

Summary

Unneccessary franchise, as usual with Disney games

The Good

I am a fan of the movie (I just *love* Mike :) and I like it that I could play as Mike *or* Sully and meet many of the other characters - Mr. Waternose for example. The voices are from the movie which is really nice - the whole voice acting is pretty good. The cut-scenes are funny and pretty movie-like.

The Bad

The graphics aren't very pretty. They should have used better textures, they look blurry and generally crappy. Also, the "scary" tricks the monsters pull off are fun to watch once or twice, but as they are permanently repeated, they become boring fast.

The animations are - sorry to say so - crapola deluxe. I mean, I watched the movie mostly because of Mike's cool animation. I just LOVE to see this apple-like monster with his beautifully animated eye and mouth - and in this game, he looks like shit? I don't like this. Sully doesn't look good either. I didn't expect that everything looks like it's directly from the film, but like THAT? No way!

The gameplay is also too repetitve - you run around, scare someone, run around, scare someone... till the sun goes down and when it goes up, you still do the same :( Nah, this sux.

The Bottom Line

For fans. Absolutely for fans and no-one else. But I would rather spend the money at my favourite cinema - for watching the movie again and again!