DescriptionShadows of the Undrentide is the first official expansion pack for the original Neverwinter Nights game, which must be installed. Unlike most add-ons, this expansion doesn't extend the first game. It is an entirely new campaign in which players can start a brand new character or load up a previously saved NWN character.
The story begins in Master Drogan's School for Heroes amidst the snowy mountains in the northern portion of the Forgotten Realms. Your studies finished, you and several other adventurers are just about to graduate. As you walk toward the main hall, havoc ensues as a band of kobolds attacks, stealing four magical artifacts and seriously injuring Master Drogan, who is unconscious. You are sent out into the world to find a special healing potion for Drogan and to recover the stolen artifacts. Your travels will take you deep into the Nether Mountains, the Anauroch Desert with a caravan of halfling gypsies, and high above the earth inside the flying city of Undrentide.
The game is divided into 3 Sections comprised of Chapter 1, the Interlude and Chapter 2, and gameplay does not differ from the original game with the same engine and interface throughout. But there is more interaction with your "henchmen" companions in this expansion.
At first, you can choose between 2 companions to accompany you: the self-righteous, half-orc sorcerer Xanos or Dorna Trapspringer, a dwarven rogue-cleric. Later on you can choose Deekin, a kobold Bard. Each one has a unique personality, attributes and abilities which you can access by talking to them or selecting it. For instance, talk to Dorna and ask her to cast one of her cleric spells. If they have double classes (as is the case with Dorna), you can tell them to "train up" in just one or both of them as they increase in levels.
The ability to view and manipulate your henchman's inventory is new, allowing you to equip them and load them down with objects as you see fit.
When you have advanced higher in experience, you can choose one of the 5 new Prestige classes, or continue on with your current class. The new Prestige Classes are:
- Assassin (Stealthy, back-stabbing attacker)
- Arcane Archer (Spell-casting Ranger with special ranged attack abilities)
- Blackguard (Evil Warrior, absolute opposite of a Paladin)
- Harper Scout (Stealthy Rogue/Ranger)
- Shadow Dancer (Evasive and stealthy Magic user)
There are no promo images for this game
- "絕冬城之夜之黯影之心 " -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "无冬之夜：古城阴影" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "NWN: Shadows of Undrentide" -- Common abbreviation
- "Neverwinter Nights: Der Schatten von Undernzit " -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Aurora
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms
- Dungeons & Dragons (D&D / AD&D) licensees
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Skill distribution
- Neverwinter Nights series
|Not much has changed, but it's not really a bad thing.||tbuteler (3025)|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Jul 10, 2003||90 out of 100||90|
|GameStar (Germany)||Jul, 2003||87 out of 100||87|
|GameBanshee||Jun 24, 2003||8.6 out of 10||86|
|ActionTrip||Jun 23, 2003||85 out of 100||85|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Sep 01, 2003||17 out of 20||85|
|Game Captain||Aug 18, 2003||84 out of 100||84|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Sep, 2003||82 out of 100||82|
|Withingames||Jul 11, 2003||4 out of 5||80|
|GamerDad||Jul 02, 2003||80|
|IGN||Jun 17, 2003||7.7 out of 10||77|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2003 – Best Add-On of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Expand Your Neverwinter Nights Journeys (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Shadows of Underentide (July, 2004).)
- GameFaqs Files (Numerous Shadows of the Undrentide files for viewing or download.)
- Hints for Shadows of Undrentide (Strategy Guide for this game in question and answer format.)
- Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide (Official Website)