DescriptionThe destruction of a nearby sun destroys a Starfleet research station, seriously damaging your ship and killing the captain in the process. As you are second in command, you must take the captains chair, repair your ship and find out what really happened.
Strategy is the aim of the game, and with the added option of using voice activate technology, you make all the decisions on where you go, what you do and how you do it. Issue commands to all of your crew, and discover the truth behind the suns destruction. Along the way you will meet up with Cardassians, Klingons and Romulans, and uncover a plot to destroy the federation.
A 3rd person view captures the huge battles between your ship and enemy vessels, and a 1st person view inside your ship as you order your crew.
Part of the Following Groups
- Genre: Simulation - Space combat
- Inspiration: TV series
- Middleware: Gamebryo/Lightspeed/NetImmerse
- Star Trek universe
The Press Says
|GameZone||Mar 20, 2002||8.8 out of 10||88|
|GameSpy||Mar 06, 2002||85 out of 100||85|
|Game Captain||Mar 30, 2002||82 out of 100||82|
|GameSpot||Mar 11, 2002||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jun, 2002||80|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Mar 14, 2002||80|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Mar 15, 2002||78 out of 100||78|
|PC Zone Benelux||May, 2002||77 out of 100||77|
|Game Informer Magazine||Apr, 2002||7 out of 10||70|
|Game Informer Magazine||Apr, 2002||6.5 out of 10||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaIn 2003, Activision denounced their contract with Viacom and gave back the Star Trek license prematurely. At this moment, only 5,000 German copies had been manufactured. Therefore, Star Trek: Bridge Commander is in the full sense of the word a limited edition. A re-release is impossible without Activision owning the license.
Related Web Sites
- Bridge Commander Universe (Page with game info, forums and various mods.)
- Star Trek: Bridge Commander (An anthology of mods for the game)
- Star Trek: Bridge Commander: Kobayashi Maru (Kobayashi Maru is an enhancement to Star Trek: Bridge Commander, it brings many advanced features to both quick battle and multiplayer to deliver to you a new and exciting experience.)
- Star Trek: Bridge Commander on Wikipedia (Information about Star Trek: Bridge Commander on Wikipedia.)