DescriptionA sequel to Worms 2, Worms Armageddon expands upon its predecessor by enhancing a few facets of gameplay and including play over the Internet through Team 17's WormNet.
Like the previous Worms installments, the game is an artillery variant. The player give an artillery piece a shot angle and shot power, and try to hit the opponent, taking into account wind effects. The player and the opponent exchange these shots in a turn-based fashion. The game puts the player in command of a team of up to eight worms, which can move around the landscape (one at a time), using many types of weapons to try to dispatch the enemy, from bazookas to mini-guns to exploding sheep. In some situations, the worms can also jump, swing by rope, and descend with a parachute.
The game includes an expansive editor that allows players to customize nearly every aspect of the game. Custom teams can be created, and players are able to edit their special weapons, grave markers, flags, victory fanfares, and voice sets, which can be imported into the game from outer sources. A random terrain generator and a terrain-import system are provided as well. The latter makes it possible to import into the game files in image formats, which the game converts into playable terrains.
- "Worms: Армагеддон" -- Russian spelling
- "Worms 3" -- Informal title
- "Wormageddon" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Worms
- Artillery variants
- Covermount: Fullgames
- Gameplay feature: Freely destructible terrain
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Worms series
|So frustrating! Ahhhh!||Quackbal (51)|
|Bow before the power of my Old Woman!||Makkios Del (5)||unrated|
|"This is a game for people who like to have fun!"||Unrealist (179)|
|Electric Playground||May 04, 2004||10 out of 10||100|
|WomenGamers.com||Aug 31, 1999||9.4 out of 10||94|
|GameSpot||Jul 26, 1999||9.1 out of 10||91|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Feb 10, 1999||80 out of 100||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Aug, 1999||80|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Feb 27, 1999||79 out of 100||79|
|PC Games (Germany)||Mar, 1999||78 out of 100||78|
|GameStar (Germany)||Feb, 1999||78 out of 100||78|
|Gamesmania.de||1999||75 out of 100||75|
|Imperium Gier||Jun 25, 1999||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThere was a planned port of WA to BeOS by Wildcard Design, but their bankruptcy prevented the release of it.
Related Web Sites
- Official Worms: Armageddon Site (Still hosted by Team17, the official website holds many goodies and frequent game updates that make it more compatible with newer systems.)
- The Allotment (Almost everything about Worms Armaggedon can be found here. Strategy guides, speech packs, new graveyards, and of course, Worms news.)
- The Worms Universe (One of the biggest and oldest Worms sites around. Tons of content are available there.)