DescriptionIf you love Fords and racing, you'll get a chance to live out your fantasies in Ford Racing 2.
Drive Mustangs, Thunderbirds, concept cars, stock cars, exotic sports and race cars - even F-Series pick-up trucks. Choose from 32 models, legendary classics as well as futuristic supercars, like the Ford GT (classified under these categories in the game: Living Legends, Movie Stars, SVT, Concept, Off Road, Custom and Stock Car).
The 16 graphically detailed venues include road race tracks, off-road (over desert and jungle terrain), high speed oval speedways and race circuits. There are different competition types to test your driving skills including: Time Attack, Elimination, Racing Line, Driving Skills and more.
You select the amount of driving control you want. Standard gives you automatic transmission, anti-lock brakes and traction control. Choose Advanced for more precision driving with a manual transmission and more option selections. Learn the controls of the game in "Quick Race" which automatically selects a car for you and puts you on a pre-selected track. Then choose the "Single Player" to race with computer opponents or "Multi Player" for head-to-head competition with a friend. Select from different background music types (rock, funk etc.) to further customize your experience.
Views can be toggled between 1st and 3rd person perspective. On screen in the first person view, the speedometer, tachometer, rear view mirror, are shown as well as a map on left side showing your current location and nearby competitors. Classic car dash panels differ from more modern cars, too. Depending upon your perspective, you'll see your lap times, overall position, rpms and speed.
There are no Xbox screenshots for this game.
There are 9 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "福特赛车2" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Форд Драйв" -- Russian spelling
- "Ford Racing Evolution" -- Working Title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|DreamStation.cc||Nov 14, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Shark||Jan 27, 2004||B||75|
|PGNx Media||Nov 16, 2003||7.2 out of 10||72|
|GamersMark||Nov 06, 2003||7.2 out of 10||72|
|allaboutgames.co.uk||Feb 09, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|GameSpot||Jan 20, 2004||6.8 out of 10||68|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 20, 2003||13 out of 20||65|
|IGN||Nov 03, 2003||4.9 out of 10||49|
|Gamesdog||Oct 23, 2003||3 out of 10||30|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Ford Racing 2 (Official website)
- Ford Racing 2 (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Ford Racing 2 (October, 2004).)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of Ford Racing 2 on the publisher's website, which provides an overview of the cars, game modes, and tracks within the game, as well as a trailer, a series of desktop wallpapers, a multi-lingual demo, and ordering information, among other such things.)
- Take Two - Ford Racing 2 (Take 2 Interactive's game page)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.