DescriptionXpand Rally puts you behind the wheel of a tuned-up WRC machine in over seventy races in five sceneries, using a modified version of the Chrome engine with fully movable obstacles, dynamic day time and weather changes, full collisions simulation and a complex car damage system. The driver can even sustain leg injuries and concussions. There is much more freedom than in other rally games. In the freestyle mode, for example, there are no invisible borders, you can compete off-road with no restrictions to tracks.
Aside from the traditional race, you can build-up a rally career, similar to NFSU, where you work your way up as a rookie. You need to spend your money wisely to take care off repairs and tune your car with over 800 parts. Xpand Rally does not have an official rally license, but includes 35 sports cars over 8 divisions, with some funky models such as tiny coopers or terrain vehicles. There are two driving modes: arcade and simulation with different damage systems and steering models.
ChromEd, a full game editor loaded with tutorial and templates, has been attached to the game. You can edit existing tracks or create new ones and even import your own car designs straight from 3D Studio MAX.
- "XR" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Chrome
- Covermount: Fullgames
- Covermount: Level (Romania)
- Physics Engine: Open Dynamics Engine (ODE)
- Xpand Rally series
There are no reviews for this game.
|GamersHell.com||Feb 22, 2006||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Next Level Gaming||Jan 16, 2006||90 out of 100||90|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Sep, 2004||87 out of 100||87|
|PC Action||Oct 04, 2004||85 out of 100||85|
|4Players.de||Sep 23, 2004||84 out of 100||84|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Sep 14, 2004||16 out of 20||80|
|GamePlasma||Jan 29, 2005||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Gamesmania.de||Oct 22, 2004||76 out of 100||76|
|Factornews||Sep 11, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Sep 17, 2004||13 out of 20||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaOn December 2, 2004, Techland published an additional set of editing tools:
- Custom Cars Wizard - a tool for importing custom cars and allowing customization of cars parameters.
- Game 3D mesh exporting plugin - allows the use of custom objects (including cars) created in 3D Studio Max in the game
- 3D Studio Max script - processes the car’s mesh and prepares it for the use in the game
- Sample car mesh - 3D Studio Max source file and XR custom car ready files
On December 22, 2004, a complete ChromEd user guide was published here. It contains complete information on level creation philosophy and specific editor tools. The tutorial is supplemented with a video material that shows the subsequent steps of track creation with comments from one of the Xpand Rally tracks developer.
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Xpand Rally (Official website)