DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
|Viewing Page 1 of 256||(items 1-25 of 6388)||Next|
^_^ is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features an inventory. The game can be controlled via mouse. The...
The prophet Nostradamus has foreseen that the world as we know it shall end in the year 1999, and the...
10 Days Under the Sea is a hidden object game with a treasure hunt theme, where valuables have to be...
1½ Ritter: Auf der Suche nach der hinreißenden Herzelinde is a point & click adventure based on the identically named...
This game pack consists of the following two adventures: Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure Sam & Max: Season One
PlayStation 2 (2005)
¥120 Stories is a non-adult visual novel that originated on PlayStation 2 which features four separate romantic stories, each of...
1/2 Summer+ (read as One Side Summer+) is a non-adult PlayStation Portable release of a PC (Windows) adult visual novel...
15 Days is a point-and-click adventure, which revolves around a trio of thieves, Cathryn, Mike, and Bernard. They are political...
ZX Spectrum (1989)
17.11.1989 is an interactive fiction adventure game, created in Czechoslovakia as a protest against the events of November 17, 1989...
Take the role of 18 year old Scheherazade Keating moments before she starts her new life as an archeology student...
Somewhere in Russia in a deserted underground KGB bunker, Gleb Ivanovich Nikolayev wakes up with no knowledge of his surroundings...
The story is simple: you are a mosquito. One day you (randomly) fly through a window into a house. What...
1 Moment of Time: Silentville begins with narration along a story book or fable setting describing a small village called...
2004: Space Becherovka a Czech freeware point and click adventure game that was developed using Macromedia Flash.The story concerns Victor,...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.